Des Taylors Usual Tripe?

Sharkbyte

It was stated that £3M would be available for conservation from a £20 a year license.

With 1.1M sea anglers that's £19M going in administration to collect it, mostly employing the local jobsworths!

Now do you see why I reckon adjusting the VAT rate would be better?

I agree the sums don't add up, but adjusting the VAT rate would become a bureaucratic nightmare, what is and isn't fishing gear hooks, line, rods, reels probably easy to say yes - sequins, beads, torches, umbrellas - i don't think so.

Why shouldn't the government be encouraged to invest in conservation, if all sea anglers told them they wouldn't get their vote unless they did, then it would happen and you can be sure the minimum of 'jobsworths' would be created.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah rekon its aboot time blair and tother idiots looked after real fishermens and stopped pandering to hobbiests. Tha must remeber that folkses livliehuds are at steak. Fishing is just an hobbie tha knows. well at least always be whiting and rockilings.

Ah rekon its aboot time blair and tother idiots looked after real fishermens and stopped pandering to hobbiests. Tha must remeber that folkses livliehuds are at steak. Fishing is just an hobbie tha knows. well at least always be whiting and rockilings.

Fishing tackle shops/manufacterers/boat chandlers and charters/holiday hoteliers/etc etc, on the whole the sea angling liesure industry is much bigger provides more coffers for the government than the tin pot inshore fishing industry does. so spragg it is easy to see why tony and his pals are pandering as you call it to sea anglers and they will pander even more in years to come, as it makes sense to do so dont you think??????????

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

hahaha :lol: Brilliant satire.

I agree the sums don't add up,

£19M will only employ a few hundred people when you add up all their free vehicles that will have to be supplied. Would you use your own car while trying to collect license fees from peopl on the beach?

you can be sure the minimum of 'jobsworths' would be created.

On what past experience do you make that assumption?

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net