Hello from the Purbeck's

Shy Tangler

Hiya Aidy,and welcome :)

Speciman and I have tried the purbecks a few times last year.

But found we caught more Bream in Poole bay area.

I think we are going to try near Old Harry rock in a few months time for the big bream.

Last year we seamed to catch the bigger ones at the end of April and beggining of May.That was Over Durley Rock about 800 yards South West of Bournemouth Pier.

Zzippy

zzippy2.gif

Hiya Aidy,and welcome :)

Speciman and I have tried the purbecks a few times last year.

But found we caught more Bream in Poole bay area.

I think we are going to try near Old Harry rock in a few months time for the big bream.

Last year we seamed to catch the bigger ones at the end of April and beggining of May.That was Over Durley Rock about 800 yards South West of Bournemouth Pier.

Zzippy

I remember reading your thread about Purbeck tope a while ago! Sounded like a right adventure and one I fancy getting involved in this year. You guy's still up for it?

Yak: OK P13 (yellow)

Absolutely! Yet another reason why we're upgrading our yaks as we will approach St Albans head area launching from Kimmeridge this year and its a fair paddle round. We don't plan to fish right on the head but will try to find a mark a bit before there out of the main current. We will need to do some exploratory trips.

Have you paddled up that section at all? If so how did you find it? There are tope in that general area I'm just hoping we can find a mark not too far out from the shore down there in relatively moderate current.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Shy Tangler,

I've just seen your from Wareham, oh I have some great memories of Wareham, we had a company caravan in Wareham.... marvelous... until the tax man found out and wanted to charge us all for the privelige. So with my weekends ruined and my sex life suffering I ended up buying my first house!

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Absolutely! Yet another reason why we're upgrading our yaks as we will approach St Albans head area launching from Kimmeridge this year and its a fair paddle round. We don't plan to fish right on the head but will try to find a mark a bit before there out of the main current. We will need to do some exploratory trips.

Have you paddled up that section at all? If so how did you find it? There are tope in that general area I'm just hoping we can find a mark not too far out from the shore down there in relatively moderate current.

In that direction, I've been as far as Chapmans Pool and I've been as far as the race in a bigger boat.

Looks like the currents could prove a bit hairy. Might be wiser to try neaps for the first trip. Don't know whether the tope fishing is as good on the smaller tides though?

To the West, I've paddled to Warbarrow a couple of times, where the tides are much tamer. I'm led to believe that there is good potential for tope in this area too.

Yak: OK P13 (yellow)

We will be heading St Albans way on neaps so won't get to find out if which is the best tide for them.

Another tope mark I'd like to try is off Lulworth Banks.. its about 2miles straight out from Lulworth Cove.If Zzippys up for that we will fish that on neaps and in calm weather.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow