Hello from the Purbeck's

Shy Tangler

Hi everyone, thought it was about time I introduced myself, as I've been watching and learning a great deal from this forum fo a while now. As a life long coarse (match) angler, I made the switch to sea fishing when I moved to the Dorset coast a few years ago. The passion for yak fishing began before i'd finished the first paragraph of Simon's first article in Boat Fishing and I have since been the very proud owner of a P13 with the fiance also owning a Caper. Fishing so far has mainly been based around the Purbeck area (particularly Kimmeridge) and I enjoyed reasonable success towards the end of last summer catching quite a few bass on plugs. This year I'm looking forward to several new challenges, including thick lipped mullet on the fly. I've caught them to 7lb from the shore in the past and can't wait to latch on to one from the yak. Black bream are also on my list as this is a species i've not yet caught. Anyway a big hello to everyone and rather than just nicking your ideas, I hope to be able to contribute some of my own in the future.

All the Best

Aidy

Yak: OK P13 (yellow)

post-7370-1141077241_thumb.jpgHI Aidy and welcome-have also fished Kimmeridge-top spot caught 2 personal bests that session-We'll be fishing that area a lot this summer-I'm sure we'll meet at some stage or another-richi :thumbs:maybe I'll catch anotherP.B. like the Pollack in the pic :clap2:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Aidy Welcome

We need some more in the Dorset/Hants patch just to give the Devon crew a run for their money. As Richi said Kimmeridge, Mupe, Warbarrow etc has such potential and if the weathers bad there's always Poole Harbour. The area is perfect. You are always welcome to join us on one of our adventures. You will need a daft hat, its traditional! :D

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Hi Aidy,

Welcome aboard.

Good luck with getting a mullet on the fly, now that is a challenge :wallbash:

The Bream might be a bit easier, see if you can't hook up with Speciman and Zzippy, they seem to know the score down that neck of the woods.

nifty :)

Cheeky....

As i said before that was a field test...............the Caper, Fishfinder and me passed!.......... Shame Starvinmarvins heart rate went off the scale! :lol:

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Hi Aidy,

Welcome onboard, got a feeling I may have seen you and your missus out when I was trying to drown a fly from the shore late last year, can't be to many couples with Prowlers and Capers.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com