Just a taste of what's coming soon!

nifty

It won't be long now, a couple of months anyway, and there's going to be a chance of some Tope to get trying for.

I was looking through my pics of last years trips and found a couple that somehow got waylaid. Now if any of you are thinking of having a go, this is what's up for grabs, so there's plenty of time to get gear sorted.

tope3.jpg

Simon (Speciman) with Starvin looking on.

tope5.jpg

Cool as a cucumber :D

See ya soon hopefully,

nifty :)

That's me, nice one Nifty, I was thinking of Tope fishing on the way to work this morning, can't wait, wish it would warm up a little and the wind would calm down. Looks like there are going to be lots of new toys and ideas brought along this year. :D

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Hi All,

Mike, It sounds as though everything is going to plan for you and I hope it works out even though I for one would be sorry to see you go.

Realistically it will be the 2nd or 3rd week in May before there will be more than just the odd Tope about inshore even though the charter boys expect to have had their first around the last week in April. It would be great to see you get one before you move on to catching some of those big Salmon and Sturgeon, it looks a fantastic place :)

Zzippy, I shall be up there at every opportunity so it doesn't really make much difference to me so whatever suits you boys. Going on last season then to be almost certain of getting some fish then I would aim for anytime in June and hope for the weather to be kind as there isn't any shelter to be had on this bit of coast, and a surf is virtually guaranteed.

Martin,

You don't need anything too fancy, any light boat rod rated between 8 to 20lb class about 7-8ft long, a 6500 size reel holding 250+ yds of 15lb mono, some 50-60lb mono for rubbing leaders and some 18inch wire traces again about 60lb. For hooks, try and get hold of some 6/0 Mustad barbless Tope and Ray hooks or vikings in the same size and file the barbs down. Then all you need are a selection of leads from 1/2 ounce to 2 ounce and some sliding lead links and that's about it. The other gear you'll need is a good pair of wirecutters, some leather work or gardening gloves, Pliers and a sharp knife.

I'm sure i'll see you before then anyway and can fix you up with some wire and hooks as I've had a load through today so no worries.

Can't wait now, too many sleepless nights thinking about it :D

nifty.

cheers stu , no problem with the kit but guess theres some Turbot to target first. just ordered a fishfinder so i'll get that fitted and been given permission to test it on the lake here! Got it from JK max in Devon , chap there was brilliant , very helpful (someone on here recommended him a fair bit ago) and talked me around to Cuda 168.

Ok Prowler 13

You uping anchor Mike? Was it something we said? Have the lads put in their orders yet?

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com