saltwater flies

terry1956

Hi all, Just tying a few saltwater flies and wonder if anyone out there as a few patterns they would like to share, I have all the ones on the fly fishing sites and from a few books and made a few patterns up which may work or not. Anyway if anyone has a few they would like to share I would be interested. thnaks terry

If only I had all the money for all the toys I want,;-(

Got most of them now, Just working on that Harley in blue ;-)

Hi all, Just tying a few saltwater flies and wonder if anyone out there as a few patterns they would like to share, I have all the ones on the fly fishing sites and from a few books and made a few patterns up which may work or not. Anyway if anyone has a few they would like to share I would be interested. thnaks terry

For UK saltwater there are a few 'grocery' flies you should never be without:

Clousers: Chartreuse/White, Olive/White, Black/Orange, Yellow/White sz2-1/0

Decievers: Chartreuse/White, Yellow/White, Olive/White, Blue/White, Black sz 1/0-2/0

Half'n'Halfs: Chartreuse/White,Black/Orange, sz 2 - 1/0

Red/White, Red/Black are good colour combinations to. Also some small/skinny sandeel patterns (Rays fly etc.). If you are fishing in daylight these should do you. If fishing at night add a few black and larger profile flies like the one below. Sparse flies often outcatch fully dressed ones.

JRT

PICT0139.JPG

PICT0145.JPG

Edited by JRT

THANKS TO THE ABOVE, I like the look of all the above and will have a go at tying a few. I have also been hitting the amazon book site and have three books on saltwater flie patterns on order so will be tying flies over the next few weeks ( better then watching the rubbish on the box) All I need now is some good weather and a few fish to catch and thats my fishing year complete :):) terry

If only I had all the money for all the toys I want,;-(

Got most of them now, Just working on that Harley in blue ;-)