Successfull Bassing trip

skippytheroo

Well my patience and perseverance has paid off :P Had 6 Bass last night, largest was 44cm, kept 2 and all the others went back :P I know they arent massive but its a start. I reckon Id have had more but I had a few rig/equipment problems early in the session. Am still pleased tho :P

Skippy

So many questions so little time....

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

44cm thats a bit small to be taking home mate in my opinion but if its your first time its alrite but remember the more you take home the less there are.

can you give us more info, i.e. rigs, bait, distance etc

did you manage to get any pics

always look on the bright side of life

Guest jay_con

Top notch - Well done m8. You mind if I ask about what type of bait and rig you use Skips???

[ 27. July 2005, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: @SUMMER@ ]

Well rig wise I tried some of Mike Ladel and Alan Vaughn's suggestions to start with but I couldnt get on with them kept getting tangled so I went back to a single Paternoster with a 3/0 on a 18" snood. and was using lug rag and a slice of sandeel to keep the worms on. TBH I think lug on its own was just as good as rag as guy next to me was using just lug and he had similar success. Learned a lot about the Brigg off him too as he said that was his speciality and was the first time hed fished for bass from the bay.

Skippy

So many questions so little time....

nice one mate, a couple of 44cm bass tacken for the pot is fine with me, its nowhear gready.I keep the occasional bass of that size, I also most seasons let more go than most shore anglers catch.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Guest jay_con

Got to Laugh, sorry Skips :D . Didnt someone say exactly the same when you caught your first shore codling. Cheeky buggers. :D . They are over the legal size limit and I bet they taste amazing. Id give me right arm to catch fish like them.

[ 27. July 2005, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: @SUMMER@ ]

simon:

I think thats out of order to preach to a guy who's caught his first bass, haven't you taken home a bass

that size...ever?.So what size to do you take home?

Either way you ain't going to win!

skippy; well done and i hope you enjoyed your hard earned first bass of the season.

[ 27. July 2005, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: Pugs ]

B.A.S.S

IPB Image

IPB Image

and before anyone says anything:

I usually release all my bass but I do keep the odd one and I would retain only those between 3 to 5 lbs.

Angling is about conversation but it also about the hunter/hunted instinct and if I've had a sh**te season then a odd 3 pounder for the pot ain't a bad thing or is it?

B.A.S.S

IPB Image

IPB Image

maybe it wasn't, but every year's bass are like you're first(is for me and i appreciate each and every bass caught) and every season you are entitled to the odd one for the pot

B.A.S.S

IPB Image

IPB Image