dad at 14

deanbmw

Gosh, this is terrible. He should have every right to choose not to be a father at that age. If the girl decides to go ahead with the pregnancy, the boy must be able to sign some document getting him out of all responsibility, but I am sure it would have to be taken care of before the child is born and it may be a decision that the boy will regret later on when the child is older. Of course once he turns 18 he can have a right to any relationship (the child). But if he was my son, thats what I would be aiming for. After exhausting all efforts to convince the girl to terminate.

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya TBell and welcome back. We missed ya.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hiya TBell and welcome back. We missed ya.

Thanks Newt, we missed you guys too.

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

Guest cobra

Why advise the girl to terminate??? If she feels that she can be a good mother to the child and has the support that she needs then why shouldn't she have the child? I'm only 34 but I'm still about to become a grannie and looking forward to it! Sadly she and he are no longer together but my daughter has the backing of all her family as well as his and I personally think that she will make a fantastic mother! Dad wants to have a say in the upbringing and although he's only young (17)he has a supportive family - and have to say one of his uncles is the most supportive!

This has to be the girl and her alone decision.... give her the time and space that she needs to decide whats right for her. Point her in the direction of www.Mumsnet.com and she will find a useful source of information and advice from people her own age; which is what she needs.

I agree the lad has feelings too - but these are best discussed in private and not on a fishing forum (theres plenty of Dad's onthat site as well).

• 3 weeks later...