Changing Seasons

zziplexboy

Guest @Winter@

I here the fishing around you is fantastic arthur. Few lads I know come up your way every summer and say its the best fishing around these days.

Skippy. Seems to be more fish around you than you think

As the heavy seas of last week fell away conditions were very much in the anglers favour, this combined with some of the biggest tides gave way to some good late season fishing,

at least six double figure fish have been reported over the last week with a couple coming from Hawsker, three from Cayton Bay and the biggest from Cloughton on Sunday evening, a nice cod of just short of thirteen pounds.

Most marks have produced some fish and even the East pier had its moments with one angler managing eight cod in one session.

Tonight sees the last in the Evening league matches, Cloughton Multipliers should take the honours as long as they catch a fish there is little chance of any other teams catching them.

Sat and Sunday sees the resumption of the Rocks and South Cliff winter aggregate matches with the prized aggregate title still very much up for grabs, Pete Dunn leads the way in the Rocks by a mere one pound and Dave Bielby leads the way in the South Cliff by two and half pounds and with three anglers all within in four pounds and further couple within ten pounds this weekends matches will be crucial to the outcome.

I here the fishing around you is fantastic arthur. Few lads I know come up your way every summer and say its the best fishing around these days.

Winter, it really is good you should make your way up here, winter is best for the cod but like I say in the summer the other species really kick off. i'll be glad to do a bit of gillying for you!

Matt

women love me, fish fear me!!

http://www.alba-rods.co.uk

Riverside Tackle SAC

Winter, it really is good you should make your way up here, winter is best for the cod but like I say in the summer the other species really kick off. i'll be glad to do a bit of gillying for you!

Matt

Whats gillying????

Skippy

So many questions so little time....

Well, its that time of year again (especially for Cod Anglers) and the Winter is fading, Spring around the cornerand I have to admit its the time of year I hate most.as there doesnt seem to be a lot about till the spring run and the start of the wrecking season.

Question is....what do you do at this time of year. Do you fish on regardless or whatever

What I tend to do is tackle maintainance and the dreaded fishing box gunge out. Chuck out those rusty hooks and so on. Sort out the bait freezer. Bit of spring cleaning if you like and then rig making for wrecking dreaming of the record cod I am definatly going to catch this year

What do you do??

Not worth sitting it out for a few rockling and the odd flounder. I haven't fished since December it is so rubbish! April, and I might start making a few one hookers for the smutts.

One thing I really like doing this time of year is giving the reels and rods the annual service. I was reading an old thread about tackle maintainance earlier today about who cleans after a trip or who just bungs it back in the shed and I must admit to being a bit anal about my reels especially.

They get a clean and oil every week without fail but I get so much enjoyment from it. but this time of year its great to strip them down completly and see whats cooking deep inside.I,ve got some old Abus from the seventies that are my pride and joy. Mind you if you look at the modern abus I cant see them being about in 35 years time even though they might cast for miles they are such a backward step.Drop your rod once and the mark is a hole waiting to happen.

rigs are another pleasure and the missus is used to coming home to find the table top covered in rig componants as I experiment with snood lengths and bait stops. Happy days, but I'd love a big Northerly so I could put it all into use!!