And the good news is....

paintfly

THE P13 FITS IN MY HALL. YAAAAAAY!!!! :clap2::clap::yeah:

Met up with Phooey on the Thames yesterday morning near Richmond Bridge and had a quick paddle, not that I needed any convincing, then, in the evening , he very kindly came round with his yak to see if we could get it in through my front doors. It's as tight as a nun's...er...wimple (yes, I'm sure that's the word I was looking for :rolleyes: ), and the slight curve was crucial.

We both agreed it's probably going to be a bit of a nightmare doing it on my own, but it goes in and that's good enough for me. I'll probably need to come up with some interesting manoevres and methods of protection to avoid damaging it, as I'll definitely have to do a bit of pushing and sliding from the back. First thought is to get a cheap sleeping back to slip over the prow end. But where's there's a will there's a way. Stand by for another addition to the fleet!

Big ups to Phooey for all his help. :thumbs:

Most definitely. Is there anything I should specify/look out for to make sure I get one without the older scupper holes, or are they all OK these days?

Have a word with Simon Rahm at " Bournemoutgh canoes " you wont find a more helpfull and honest guy.

Service is great and after sales even better. :thumbs:

Most definitely. Is there anything I should specify/look out for to make sure I get one without the older scupper holes, or are they all OK these days?

Yes. Some retailers may still have some of the older P13s in stock.

Ask for a New Zealand model if you are going for the P13 with the new recessed scuppers.

The recessed scuppers look like this:

2006_0120005.jpg

(The P15s have also been upgraded to this new scupper design - these ones are made in the US and are only just starting to appear in the UK. Zzippys got the first updated P15 I've heard of.)

If you buy from Bournemouth Canoes you should get the newer version.

Edited by SpeciMan
Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

THE P13 FITS IN MY HALL. YAAAAAAY!!!! :clap2::clap::yeah:

Met up with Phooey on the Thames yesterday morning near Richmond Bridge and had a quick paddle, not that I needed any convincing, then, in the evening , he very kindly came round with his yak to see if we could get it in through my front doors. It's as tight as a nun's...er...wimple (yes, I'm sure that's the word I was looking for :rolleyes: ), and the slight curve was crucial.

We both agreed it's probably going to be a bit of a nightmare doing it on my own, but it goes in and that's good enough for me. I'll probably need to come up with some interesting manoevres and methods of protection to avoid damaging it, as I'll definitely have to do a bit of pushing and sliding from the back. First thought is to get a cheap sleeping back to slip over the prow end. But where's there's a will there's a way. Stand by for another addition to the fleet!

Big ups to Phooey for all his help. :thumbs:

Young lad at work keeps telling us his girlfriend keeps coming up with some interesting manoeuvers and methods of protection, you want her number :D

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com