You people are lucky!

Jamie Beard

No ponds or lakes where i live have any chub or barbel in them! I would love to catch them using a maggot feeder like i have seen on tv but with me not being able to drive its not possible. Never mind in the future i intend to make up for it :D

No ponds or lakes where i live have any chub or barbel in them! I would love to catch them using a maggot feeder like i have seen on tv but with me not being able to drive its not possible.

Probably a good thing, they're better off in rivers.

But anyway, I was raised in SE London and still used to catch the bus+train out to the Thames at Hampton Court, Kingston etc.

Get a bike! Catch the bus!! ;)

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Catch the bus!! ;)

What Glenn said!

What side of Manchester are you? We (mates & I) used to be able to get to river fishing on the bus, I bet you can too.

Don't let your maggots escape in a wicker basket, though like I once did :o

Edited by Steve Walker

I live in north manchester, thanks for the comments

Well, there's not much on your side of town (or rather I don't know that area), but if you can get into central Manchester by train or bus then you've about half an hour's journey out to Stockport. You can catch chub (and, I'm told, barbel) from the river Goyt at Vernon Park. Walking distance from the train station, at a pinch, but you'd be better getting the bus. Just for an example:

Train: Depart: 6:20 MANCHESTER PICCADILLY (rail)

Arrive: 6:28 STOCKPORT (rail)

Walk: Depart: 6:28 STOCKPORT (rail)

Arrive: 6:37 STOCKPORT BUS STATION WELLINGTON RD S - DAW BANK

Bus: Depart: 6:45 STOCKPORT BUS STATION WELLINGTON RD S - DAW BANK Service Number: 386

Arrive: 6:54 Stockport Road West/Bredbury Bar

Will get you to this:

http://snipurl.com/nk0y

It used to be on the Stockport Federation card, I think.

That looks like a lovely spot there Steve. Definately worth Jamie making the extra effort to get there by public transport. (In June, of course ;) ) I know I would if I lived up that way without transport.

Go for it, Jamie.