Adding pictures to posts

Polly

I realise I'm a techno-phobe but need some help getting a picture or two of my new PB posted on here. Guidance needed!!!!!

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

when you post a reply after youv finished typing scroll down the page to 'file attachments'

click browse and find an image you wish to open then click add this attachment.

if the size of the picture is too big, open it in paint or photo editor and simply reduce the size of the image using the re-size cursor that appears in the corner of a picture. then go to 'file save as' and change the file to .jpg

hope this helps

steve.

when you post a reply after youv finished typing scroll down the page to 'file attachments'

click browse and find an image you wish to open then click add this attachment.

if the size of the picture is too big, open it in paint or photo editor and simply reduce the size of the image using the re-size cursor that appears in the corner of a picture. then go to 'file save as' and change the file to .jpg

hope this helps

And you could put you photos on a web site, either your own or a photo hosting site such as http://www.photobox.co.uk/ making sure you make them public.

come back to the forum and open a posting box and type in your massage, and then;

Type in ['img'] www. your pictures web address.co.whatever, [/img]

(Leave out the comers’ in the first brackets I had to put them in to show you what to type or there would have been a red cross in a square and no text)

You probably have some web space with your internet account, you usually have to activate it, don’t bother to build a web site, just upload the pictures, and link to them with the 'img' tags.

This has the advantage of not using up lots of the bandwidth of this site. Thats how i put the picture in my signature

Edited by wemfish

Take your time to get it right, There is only one fish in the lake that you are after and you don't want to loose it do you?

IPB Image

You had any luck with the pics yet mate?

This is my last attempt !!!!!!!!

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Give up !!!!

all I get is this:-

The total filespace required to upload all the attached files is greater than your per post or global limit. Please reduce the number of attachments or the size of the attachments.

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

Polly, do it in this order..

Resize the pic to 800x600.

Follow the instructions and upload your pic to them.

Pic will appear in "my gallery"

Highlight the URL (bottom row) and R/c, and copy. Make sure you highlight ALL of the URL

Minimise photbucket.

Open AN and start your reply or new post........go to edit (top LH of page, and click on paste...the URL will appear in the AN post,

Say "thanks Den" and post topic :)

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Polly, do it in this order..

Resize the pic to 800x600.

Follow the instructions and upload your pic to them.

Pic will appear in "my gallery"

Highlight the URL (bottom row) and R/c, and copy. Make sure you highlight ALL of the URL

Minimise photbucket.

Open AN and start your reply or new post........go to edit (top LH of page, and click on paste...the URL will appear in the AN post,

Say "thanks Den" and post topic :)

Den

Surely if he just resizes it to 800 x 600 then clicks 'add this attachment' on his post, that will work?

steve.