mounting a garmin 140 on a P13.

musket

Darnsarf, unit arrived today - what battery do I need and where do I get it ?

:D

Chris.

EDIT Unit = Lowrance FF/GPS

in case anyone had' other' ideas !

Edited by phooey

Prowler 13 in MANGO.

Sweeeeet.....:)

Kaskazi Dorado

comes with swimming pool as standard

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just wanted to say I used a section of swim noodle as in Muskets original and it seems very sturdy. I also fitted the circular plate level with the drainage groove and tilting upwards at the front slightly so the water will drain away naturally.I'll put some photos up at the weekend along with the Velcro held battery pack (stole the idea from the mad hatter) :thumbs:

Edited by richi

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

That was quick!

I have a 9ah motorbike battery from Halfords. Can go smaller than that but as its a colour unit it uses a bit more power. Having said that I ahve been using it for over 12 hours so far.

Currently got mine all rigged up next to the computer and am inputing the co-ords of my favorite routes and marks. Warbarrow area next.

Site Im using is the one that was recently posted on this site (big thanks to whoever). Should be on all Favorite lists. Just remember to change it to English.

http://mappe.c-marina.com/partners/ucina/p...jInstalled=true

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Yep service was 1st class !

Steve asked for any photos of the mounted unit to be e-mailed to him - have you sent any ?

9ah battery from halfords ? - guess where I will be tomorrow :D

Prowler 13 in MANGO.

Sweeeeet.....:)

Kaskazi Dorado

comes with swimming pool as standard

Yep Ive got some somewhere Ill get them off to him.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

post-7370-1143917084_thumb.jpgpost-7370-1143917037_thumb.jpgThe battery box sits on top of the transducer housing held in place by velcro and yes it does work a treat with the transducer mounted on silicon :thumbs: pic of transducer housing to follow

post-7370-1143917372_thumb.jpg

post-7370-1143917084_thumb.jpgpost-7370-1143917037_thumb.jpgThe battery box sits on top of the transducer housing held in place by velcro and yes it does work a treat with the transducer mounted on silicon :thumbs: pic of transducer housing to follow

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

Cheers for the pic shy...

Is that an eagle cuda fish finder... if it is you have just made my mind up

dingle

Eagle Cuda 128 portable but I've done away with the stand , fitted the battery pack inside a waterproof box and I bought the gimbal mount :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

assisted rescues---5

post-7370-1144001587_thumb.jpgpost-7370-1144001554_thumb.jpgcouple of photos of my transducer housing made from expansion foam

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

assisted rescues---5

post-7370-1144001863_thumb.jpgpost-7370-1144001812_thumb.jpgcouple of photos with FF fitted

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

assisted rescues---5