Canal fishing and the closed season?

Guest Ferret1959

Good news.

The stretch I'm looking at is open all year and according to the owner of the local tackle shop it contains plenty of fish including chub, skinners and roach.

Might even save some bait from my match and give it a go Sunday. :)

Skinners? Small bream on a diet? :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ferret1959
Skinners? Small bream on a diet? :)

It was late and I was tired, anyhow ain't you ever caught a skinner? :D

Guest Ferret1959
is there any pike in there?

Yip, bound to be.

I caught pike your side of the bridge so they will be on the other side for sure. :)

I might even go down there spinning tomorrow afternoon, wonder if anyone reports me? :(

I think you have to be careful down my way the lee navigation is classed as a canal below turnford lock and fishing is allowed but classed as a river above and is actually closed. you need to check, perhaps a local tackle shop will know about your streach.

peter

just had a look on the lea consortium site,you can fish from bow-chesunt no further than aqueduct lock.

i had a look as i was curious n might go chuck some lures see whats about.

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

It was late and I was tired, anyhow ain't you ever caught a skinner? :D

No, but too many skimmers the last couple of trips, they seem to like small pieces of sweetcorn :(.

Did you look at the Midlands byelaws on the EA site, http://www.environmentagency.net/commondat...laws_795945.pdf ? Not sure that helps though :). No mention of two hook rigs being banned, either!

Guest Ferret1959
No, but too many skimmers the last couple of trips, they seem to like small pieces of sweetcorn :( .

Did you look at the Midlands byelaws on the EA site, http://www.environmentagency.net/commondat...laws_795945.pdf ? Not sure that helps though :) . No mention of two hook rigs being banned, either!

Yip it does help ta.

Confirms my thoughts on the canal stretch and the multi hook rig.

Did it say you can fish for ells on a river in the closed season?

I didn't quite understand it???????????

Did it say you can fish for eels on a river in the closed season?

I didn't quite understand it???????????

Yes, it does say you can in 3.e and 6. ii).

You can fish for eels somewhere that has a close season (river, stream, ...) provided the only bait/lure you use is an artificial or natural fly, spinner, minnow, worm, prawn or shrimp, you don't use a float, and your hook has a gape of at least 0.5 inches or 12.7 mm.