Looks like its not just the uk with Problems

Zzippy

Just been looking through a US site.

Looks like they have problems too.

http://kfs.infopop.cc/groupee/forums/a/tpc...75/m/8981053141

Look at the date of those posts though...April 2005!!!! :huh: Nearly a year on and still the same problems.

Edited by Zzippy

zzippy2.gif

Interesting, but whats more interesting is if you read the for sale section. It looks like the yanks are dumping the tarpon kayak big time. I wonder why, And yes it looks like us in the UK are getting all the rubbish again. O I wished I could get back to the USA :(:( .TERRY

If only I had all the money for all the toys I want,;-(

Got most of them now, Just working on that Harley in blue ;-)

Hi zippy I e-mailed one person out of interest and he just got back to me, stated that the company was not to hot with customer care and to many bad kayaks sold. You have seen their reactions to the P13, it looked like they sold second,s for good. I wonder if that was all the returns from the UK and other places. Its a pity that there are too many people just out to make money by trying to sale over priced and not suited products. I see it on this site from time to time and it makes me sick. Terry

Hey Zzipy,

You should see if you can get hold of one of these Kiwi boats - a beter proposition than the US ones I think.

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike.

Its only the New P13's that are made in NZ.The only Factory with moulds for the P15 is in the States.

Its a P15 I really want.There should be a shipment in 2 weeks.It was meant to be this week but it has gone to Rotterdam first.

I think this is the new lot that should have been air tested first b4 they left the factory.

Terry.Thats exactly what I first thought a few weeks back.There does seem to be alot of them around.

But Andy has been really helpfull and is going to test a p15 this end as soon as he gets them.

Zzippy

zzippy2.gif

Zippy, the way they test the shell is to use compressed air, ask them to get someone to sit in it and test it. The fault comes to light when the thin section splits under load. ie when someone sits on the kayak, not just fills it up with compressed air, just not the same forces applied so will not get the same reaction from the shell.

But the true state of affairs is that OK knew that the design was wrong and yet went ahead with selling it, even when units started to come back. A great pity, a bit like my boxster when the engine went, they knew it would but did nothing until it did, bad design.

Interesting. terry.

PS just look at the prices they sale their kayaks for, I saw a hobie outback for sale for 500 USD.

TERRY