Loading my new baitrunners.

medwaygreen

Hello All,

Just got two new baitrunners with six spools,i have loaded two spools with Dyneema braid,.18mm/26lb.Two more with a line i like a lot called Extreme .20mm/10lb,this line i only use in non snag waters due to the dia.

My question is whats good to use for hit and hold/fishing snaggy area's,looking for low vis,low memory,high abrasion etc,etc,etc.

Considering Vanish transition help with my selection please.

Thanks. :thumbs::thumbs:

PS would be looking for around 14/16lb BS

Edited by medwaygreen

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Hello All,

Just got two new baitrunners with six spools,i have loaded two spools with Dyneema braid,.18mm/26lb.Two more with a line i like a lot called Extreme .20mm/10lb,this line i only use in non snag waters due to the dia.

My question is whats good to use for hit and hold/fishing snaggy area's,looking for low vis,low memory,high abrasion etc,etc,etc.

Considering Vanish transition help with my selection please.

Thanks. :thumbs::thumbs:

PS would be looking for around 14/16lb BS

I would steer clear of Vanish. I have had problems with this in the past and to be honest if you want hit and hold line I would go with a tried and tested one like GR60 or Big Game.

Both are great for that.

If budget is a consideration have a look at Daiwa Sensor, cheap as you can get and also a good line.

Cheers

Andy

ANMC Member, Go on you want to too !

I'd echo what's been said about Vanish. I had unexplained breakages and binned it. I gather the latest version is an improvement, but I'm staying well clear! It's a shame as Berkeley products are usually very good.

I also tried Krystonite, a flourocarbon/mono mix in 8lb b.s. I found it became very wiry and so will be going back to my old favourite Pro Gold. See my review at http://anglers-net.co.uk/reviews/progold01.htm

I've also just got some 16lb/.34mm Pro Clear. This is rated differently and is equivalent to about 12lb Pro Gold. It's supposed to be even more abrasion resistant than Pro Gold and is a little thinner for a given strength, even taking into account the different rating. It also seems to have less memory - something that for me is very important in heavy breaking strains when fishing open bail arm for pike.

Edited by Steve Burke

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Like a number of others, I also had problems with Vanish. But I used Vanish Transition with back leads for most of last season as an alternative to PowerPro where I felt that high water clarity might be affecting my chub and barbel fishing. I also used Transition at Timsbury for pike deadbaiting ( Timsbury have a braid ban in operation) Never had a problem with it, including some snaggy Kennet and Thames swims. The line is super limp and yet not at all stretchy and nothing like the original Vanish. Real nice user friendly line...never thought I'd say that about mono again. Got it on Ebay.

Edited by argyll

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

dont know if you can still get hold off it, but i reckon fox barbuster is rock solid, that seemed to stand upto alot. I remember hooking a 19lb common at the canal, my line was facing in front of me, but the fish was 20 yards to my left, it had took me round what must have been a rusty metal fence post i think, from the look of the far bank, any way, it was grating and grating the line, but never snapped, even with alot of pressure from me and the carp.

Thanks for all your advise,i have looked up all you suggestions and after a thoughtful hour or so i have decided to spool up with Pro clear.So its down to my local tackle shop in the morning and he is doing me 1000m for £12.99 so happy with that.

Once again thanks for all your input it did help me a lot.

Regards.

:thumbs::thumbs:

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

Thanks for that Seph,i will let you know how i get on with the new line. :thumbs: