CHEAP FISH FINDERS

Pav

Well I'm currently in the process of finishing a Tray and New Hatch cover for my Cuda 128 so I can surface mount it to my Kingfisher. Because of this its not practical to remove it (I have a 2nd Yak with no fish finder).

The 2nd Yak s a cobra Tandem, really purchased for the wife / friends to enjoy.. and although we will fish from it, this is not its primary use.

Seeing the cheap fishfinders on ebay and also Lidel (check the website, from Thursday £29). I question how useful these cheapies are?

Someone must have bought a cheapie from ebay or Lidel (they stocked them last year as well, for 1 week like they do.). Intersted to have some feedback. If they are worthwhile they are compact / portable and would be easy to fit.

If they are simple no use I'll keep my ££s. if they are worthwhile I'll wrap one up for my Wife for Easter :blink:

Hi there, I was thinking about buying one of these myself, but on reading the reviews on a number of sites give up on the idea. sorry but they would be useless on a kayak. From what I have read they are not to good on the river back. terry

If only I had all the money for all the toys I want,;-(

Got most of them now, Just working on that Harley in blue ;-)

Well I'm currently in the process of finishing a Tray and New Hatch cover for my Cuda 128 so I can surface mount it to my Kingfisher. Because of this its not practical to remove it (I have a 2nd Yak with no fish finder).

The 2nd Yak s a cobra Tandem, really purchased for the wife / friends to enjoy.. and although we will fish from it, this is not its primary use.

Seeing the cheap fishfinders on ebay and also Lidel (check the website, from Thursday £29). I question how useful these cheapies are?

Someone must have bought a cheapie from ebay or Lidel (they stocked them last year as well, for 1 week like they do.). Intersted to have some feedback. If they are worthwhile they are compact / portable and would be easy to fit.

If they are simple no use I'll keep my ££s. if they are worthwhile I'll wrap one up for my Wife for Easter :blink:

Hiya Pav.

I bought one from Lidels last year.Its ok if you just want to see the depth of water you are fishing in.It has no bottom or structure view.It does pick up fish.weed or just my anchor line.I never really found out :blink:

I only used it the once.If I was you I would save your money and put it towards a better one.

Zzippy

zzippy2.gif