Liquid logic Manta Ray

GB

Has anyone seen or heard of this kayak.

http://liquidlogicmantaray.blogspot.com/

It comes in 12' & 14' models and it looks half tidy.

There are stockists and impoerters in the U.K for Liquid Logic yaks but it seems none have the Manta in stock.

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

No but coming in at 58 lbs for a 12 foot kayak is a bit on the heavy side, liked the idea of dry feet thoe :):) .terry

If only I had all the money for all the toys I want,;-(

Got most of them now, Just working on that Harley in blue ;-)

Dry – We noticed two things when paddling other popular sit-on-tops: First, water came into the foot well area immediately, which meant our feet were in water all day, and second, the side walls of the boats were really low, which allowed even the smallest chop to splash into the boat. We solved these issues by making the foot wells higher than the water line and extending the wells forward to allow the scupper (drain) hole to be as far from the seat as possible. To keep splash out we added volume by raising the sidewalls slightly, allowing the boat to float higher in the water. More volume and added sidewalls also enhance the performance of the boat when it's loaded down with gear.

This is lifted straight from their sales garb...more fancy wordsmithing.

Read between the lines - DRY. Oh no, here we go again - KAYAKS ARE NOT DRY. As soon as I see these words in a sales sheet I start to look for the signs of a high volume kayak.

"We solved these issues by making the foot wells higher than the water line" - Immediately you can see that the stability is being compromised - weight above the waterline compromises stability. - Stand by for that to be addressed by adding beam.....

"To keep splash out we added volume by raising the sidewalls slightly, allowing the boat to float higher in the water."

OK - I was wrong - they have added a huge amount of windage first - high sides = windage = difficulty in wind and a fast drift. (But less splash. Big deal)

"More volume and added sidewalls also enhance the performance of the boat when it's loaded down with gear."

No it doesn't. It might mean you can carry a higher payload, but how does it enhance the performance - you have to paddle more weight, more beam and combat the extra windage. There is no way you have added PERFORMANCE. Now, how much gear do you intend to carry? About 25kgs I would guess - at most. If you are going camping, for an extended expedition, then you would get up to about 80kgs per person. But that includes food, tent, sleeping bag, cooker, mess kit, and changes of clothing. Are you really going to take all that with you when you go fishing? NO, I thought not.

When you look at pictures and sales speak you have to read between the lines and then apply your knowledge of what you need in a kayak to what they are hinting at.

What I will say is that from the picture it looks as though it has a fuller hull than most - but their opening lines give the game away when they say they wanted it to be paddled on LAKES, RIVERS, and the ocean - BUT IN THAT ORDER!

Clever people copy writers!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

So is that your review of this yak simon?? I have read a few of your reviews and you are not impervious to the sales garb when it comes to writing up for print. Now I'm not saying I distrust your views, but I do take everything in publications with a pinch of salt.

I personally dont buy anything just from reading the sales pitch, I like to try before I buy and I dont dismiss anything untill I have seen it in the flesh and had a good mooch over it.

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I