Any Yakers in the Gower/swansea/pembrey area?

kennosen

I was hoping to hook up(sorry for the pun) with any yakers in my area. I'm very keen to get going now the weathers getting better. Doesnt have to be a fishing trip, willing to take a nice expedition so to speak.

I'm new to the game and need some experience on the open water. All I managed to do last year was some estuary paddling, getting used to the yak ect.

kennosen@gmail.com

Hi Kennosen.

Looks like we all missed this one.

There is a large contingement of Kayak fisherman in and around Wales.

They have thier own site, and are a friendly bunch too, and safety minded.

Ive lost the darn link to them, but I expect someone will help out with the link for you.

You may have seen already......but in case you havnt, and need a little reading, the link below is a great source of help.

http://www.sit-on-topkayaking.com/Articles...tion/Index.html

Enjoy.

Good Luck.

Bill. :)

Ah well, thanks for the replies lads. I was willing to drive a ways providing the missus could be talked around, but it seems I'm going to have to bite the bullet. Do or die so to speak.

If anyone does find themselves in my area please feel free to let me know before hand, and if its okay for me to tag along.

Cheers

kennosen,

There are a few in the Pembrokeshire area Saundersfoot and Tenby) and I only know of one chap in Swansea area that are forum members.

There are a lot of kayak fishermen who fish Saundersfoot and the other beaches close by, they are a friendly bunch and often stop for a chat when I'm down that way.

I'll be in the Saundersfoot area sometime during August, not sure of dates yet, we try and meet up with a family from Cardiff as our sons have become good holiday mates.

If your going out on your own for the first few times, can't recommend Saundersoot or Amroth beach enough, very safe launch and a well protected area, just watch out for the rocks at Amroth, good to check it out at low water so that you are aware of where they are.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

@ Starvinmarvin. Thanks for the info. I was thinking of maybe doing a little trip around the Tenby area, not much further to go to saundersfoot. The other member here thats based in swansea, does he still post here?

thanks again.

Can't honestly remember, just remember him asking similar questions to you.

I have also had an email from a worried supplier who asked if he could give a print out of AnglersAfloats safety pages to a guy who had just bought a kayak to fish the Swansea area... so you may see him floating off shore somewhere.

I don't know much about Swansea, but do take care of the tides and rips in the area, would be worth asking locally about the strength and no go areas for a kayak, your local tackle shop is a good place to start or the coastguard.

Take care.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com