Moore Quarry

Guest Big G

Guest Big G

Fished Sandiway small lake for the fourth time today - there were four anglers on and none had a bite all day!!!!! Giving up on that now and been told Moore quarry is worth a try! Any help would be appreciated.

Fished Sandiway small lake for the fourth time today - there were four anglers on and none had a bite all day!!!!! Giving up on that now and been told Moore quarry is worth a try! Any help would be appreciated.

ay up big g, i get on both sandiways mate and i agree they are hard waters, there is a good head of specimen fish in both of them mate, its just one of them places! its mainly tench and bream in both mate so really its still not quite the right water temp yet mate but they'll kick i any time now, what your also up against is that the water is crystal clear, there is a mass of natural food and probably the thing that makes both waters so difficult mate is the contour of the lake beds in both waters, its like an egg box mate?? there is so many underwater features, gullies, channels, gravel bars etc, plenty of time is needed with the marker float mate finding all these area's. there big fish waters big g and providing u do your homework you can reap the rewards during the warmer months matey!! moore quarry can throw up one or two surprises mate? tight lines!!

Big G fished Moore Quarry a few times ,never caught/landed a fish but lost a couple,are Paul(my brother has had 1 10lb bream out of there),best pegs are the ones right in front of the car parking (looks like a point swimfish with your back to the car park) into the bushes to the left .My advice is take a marker float down there and plumb it up and find the old gravel road that goes right round the lake is abit shallowof that road as well as the rest of the lake is up to 30feet deep ,Allso i beleave the fist peg in the bay part are good for pike/perch and alot of the carp can be caught in the margins.Never had any look my self though.

Edited by chris mc

only fished it a few times but i have been round there with a marker float.The depths vary from 6ft to 30ft.The best pegs i am told are the two point pegs.The point peg nearest the car park has a ridge at about 50-60 yards out where it goes from about 18ft to about 10 ft deep.The ridge is an old roadway that was there when it used to be a quary and goes 3/4 the way across the lake from right to left the turns onto the bank just past the second point peg. If you stand on the peg nearest the carpark and look out towards 2 oclock you will see the bank(like a cliff face) sticks out this is where the ridge starts from but beware as its verry rocky and you will loose a few leads when bringing in.

When i fished there i found the best places to fish on the car park swim was casting to the trees on the bottom of the steep bank on the right or straight out just before the ridge. On the second point swim fish to the left casting about 30 yrds to the ridge just under the trees or fish in to the tress in the margins to the right.

I have had some nice bream from here and a few tench i am told there is carp in there but i aint seen any

I have just pmd you a verry rough map

hope this helps

The baliff is verry helpfull as well :)

Edited by paul mc
Regards Paul Mc