First Twenty !

Polly

My mate's emigrating at the end of May and is desperate to land a twenty before he parts company. His PB is 16lbs and he'd just love to do a 20. Anyone know of any HOT waters resonably close to Cambridge area where we could go for an overnighter and have a good chance of a 20 (or three!!). Thought I'd treat him as a going away pressie. Just done my first 20 in France and know what a buzz I got, would love to see my mates face if he banks one.

In brief, looking for an easy runs water with loads of 20's and within 2 hours drive of Cambridge, any offers???

Heard Taswood Lakesnr Norwich might fit the bill??????

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

Funnily enough i've just had the following attached to an email.

OXLEASE LAKE

20 Mar Steve Hart from Coventry had 7 fish upto 17lb over the weekend using pineapple pop-ups and maggots fished over spodded maggots.

27 Mar Essex angler Rob Gilworth caught a personal best mirror when he fished shrimp and prawn pop-up boilies with pva bags filled with pellets at 60 yards range. His PB weighed 27.01.

Mick Perry who is on the water for a tutorial has managed 14 runs for his pupil who has landed 12 carp to 20.02. They fished at 100 yards range with Mainline Pineapple and Pulse Boilies over Hinders Winter Blitz Mix.

Details of Mick's tutorials and contact details can be found in the Linear 2006 brochure.

Ian Chillcott who had to cut short his session did manage to catch five mirrors before leaving. The biggest was 17.04 ans Ian fished Mainline Pulse Boilies over spodded pellets and hemp at 70 yards.

29 Mar Kev Osman caught a mirror of 28.04 and two other doubles within one hour of his arrival on the water. Ken who is from Southampton fished home made boilies along with pellets in bags at 50 yards.

Newcastle angler John Mudd caught four mirrors to 19lb when he fished particles over a spod mix at 60 yards.

30 Mar Lancs angler Mark Parry fished particles over a spod mix at 80 yards range to catch seven carp. All were caught on particles fished over a spod mix at 80 yards. There were two twenties in the catch which weighed 20.12 and 21.12.

Richard Amatt from Nottingham fished Richworth Tuti-Fruti Boilies topped with sweetcorn at 50 yards over a spod mix to catch a 23.07 mirror.

03 Apr Darryl North from Sheffield had a 27lb 08oz mirror on maize over the weekend.

Also on Oxlease over the weekend was Andrew Neville from Oxon who had a 32.08 mirror on particles

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

What about Richworth Linear Fisheries near Oxford?

Oxlease Lake would give you a good chance, if you can get on that is.

Thanks Ant, we had considered Oxlease but as you say it's a BIG struggle getting a peg. Grant actually fished (and blanked!!!) there last November but by the sounds of your next post it's starting to throw up a few Spring fish.

Still fancy the Taswood Lakes fishery nr Norwich but don't want to get taken in by some "nice" photos on their website so would love to hear from someone who's fished there or knows a bit about the place. There's another supposed "runs-water" near there called Swangey Lakes which I pike fished (without success) on one occasion many years ago. I'm told the fishing is good and fairly easy but the rats fight harder than the carp, angain would appreciate any news n views on Swangey. Lastly "CATCH 22" is that place worth a shot?

Hi mate, I always hear reports of Taswood throwing up big fish in the local paper. It's a place I'd love to fish sometime as well as Swangey.

I'd say Catch 22 is probably harder than the other 2 going on recent reports.

Good luck, look forward to hearing how you get on wherever you go.

Dan

Hi mate, I always hear reports of Taswood throwing up big fish in the local paper. It's a place I'd love to fish sometime as well as Swangey.

taswood not open untill about the 22 of april for day tickets

Thanks Dan, following post rules out Taswood for a couple of weeks but that should be ok. Swangey's looking favourite at the moment unless we find a better option.

taswood not open untill about the 22 of april for day tickets

Thanks Cannon, know of any other runs-waters holding 20's ????

Thanks Cannon, know of any other runs-waters holding 20's ????

You could try cobblearce at hevingham near norwich good head of 20s in there not sure about it being a runs water