Emberton Park

Rob66

Hi,been to emberton park near milton keynes a few times before and fished the main big lake,was wondering what the other lakes there are any good at all ? Going tomorrow so any info would be great...cheers

Rob,

I've fished it a couple of times and not had a tremendous amount of luck there.

As I remember, the lake nearest the entrance is allegedly a good tench water (can't vouch for that personally) and the main fishing lake has a mixture - there are some big carp in there but I've never seen them coming out that often. Apparently, most of the biggies hold up in the "jungle" end of the lake where it's considerably overgrown. That's where you'll find the canny locals stalking the monsters!

I've not tried the big sailing lake, but again, there are supposed to be big fish in there.

I'm not over-impressed with the place, but some go back there regularly, there are always plenty of bivvies around at weekends.

Hope you got on OK

Our chief weapon is surprise

Hi,been to emberton park near milton keynes a few times before and fished the main big lake,was wondering what the other lakes there are any good at all ? Going tomorrow so any info would be great...cheers

Robb, I have yet to fish it, but like the look of it, please let me know how you get on

:)

I've fished there quite a lot, never for more than a full day + overnight session though...........and I've caught sweeeeet FA lol, I did get a hook hookup but lost the fish in a large weedbed.

Not seen anything caught either, although a "friend of a friend" swears by the place.......I'm yet to be convinced.

Bare in mind that they opperate a closed season (or at least they have done for past years).

*edit, I have only fished the main lake, not the boating lake or smaller ponds.

Edited by Phil Adams

I use to fish here when i was a lot younger (20 yrs ago) only reason i fished it then was because my mates uncle use to take us' As for fish over the years i fished it about a dozen times and could count the fish on one hand that ive seen caught (note not caught myself) Only thing i've had was a tench of 6lbs out of the "heron" i think its called. Only time i go there now is if a few of my mates are meeting up there we take the families

barbecue etc , if we get a run its a bonus.

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

• 3 months later...

if you've just joined mkaa you'll know theres a night fishing ban in force now, and my advice would have been to night fish it. I might venture onto the weirpool at this time of year but wouldnt bother with the lakes during the day its not what i would call a prolific water as for method i couldnt really suggest any that would put fish on the bank as it is that hard. Years go i use to get tench using boilies at night on a basic lead set up, but i've only ever had a few bits during the day.

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.