Amazing Pike

Vidar6

Just thought you guys wanted to see a few pictures of an amazing pike caught ice fishing (biggest pike ever caught whilst ice fishing) in Norway, a little more than a week ago :rolleyes::rolleyes::clap::clap:

This fish is almost fatter than any steroid driven English trout reservoir pike :lol::lol:

What a lucky guy - I just wish it was mine :):)

jaren_gjedde.jpg

jaren_gjedde1.jpg

OI OI ,

loverly pike but hey not to sure about the white stuff on the ground.

:(:(:(

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

That is the fattest Pike Ive ever seen!

Bet he needed a big hole to fit that through!

Budgie

Cant be bothered to log on log off etc!

Edited by Andrew Burgess

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

The fish was 17.4kg / 38.25Ib and apparently 80cm around it's girth :)

I don't think it was full of spawn; it's a bit early in the year. I rather think it had been gorging on white fish (Sik in Norwegian) on which the still water where the fish was caught is stuffed full. In fact, white fish is so plentiful in some of the large Norwegian inland lakes / water systems that they are fished for commercially during a short autumn period.

The rod you see in the picture is a typical ice fishing rod, 4 feet long and used when fishing for pike, Zander or Burbot, and can normally either be fitted with a multiplier or spinning reel.

Large enough holes in the ice are not a problem as you can buy some very large diameter and extremely efficient ice-drills, which for the lazy ones among us even can be powered by a small petrol engine :lol::lol:

p_jordborr_TR1540.gif

Edited by Vidar6

That's a beautiful Pike... :)

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...