Flyfishing for trout from Yak?

Leonr

I was wondering if there are any reservoirs in the south where you can flyfish from your Kayak?????

I phoned Rutland and was told you can only use their boats and I am not interested in that, I wondered if it is teh same with the reservoirs down here?

Any comments and advise will be appretiated.

Ocean Kayak Scrambler XT, fishfinder and GPS.

Lots of flyrods and stuff.

I was wondering if there are any reservoirs in the south where you can flyfish from your Kayak?????

I phoned Rutland and was told you can only use their boats and I am not interested in that, I wondered if it is teh same with the reservoirs down here?

Being hardley able to fit in a Landing craft myself there would be better poeple to get advice from than me :P ,but find one that alow's float tubing, I shouldent see why they would object , but as for suggestions other than that I cant help you :)

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

When you find one let me know, I had a quick look around during the winter to find somewhere inland, you may have more luck with some of the Pike waters.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

• 1 month later...

Leonr

You won't find many - North or south. I have a few names of places but just moved house so please give me a few days to find. It seems that you can fly fish and kayak on some waters but you cant do the two together - Kielder Water for example.

Regards

Murph