Durley Rocks Saturday Afternoon/Evening

richi

If you want to avoid car parking charges best to drop your yak off at the bottom of Durley Chine carpark then park on the side road at the top (if you can get a space) where its free. Best to take it in turns with one watching over the gear whilst the other parks the car. If you're only parking for a few hours I think the charges aren't too bad.

Do you know where your heading?not really Speciman somewhere near Bournemouth pier!surely Durley chine car park is somewhere past there I hope!

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here you go Richi

The carpark is at the end of the 'white road' on that map nearest the umbrella.

From Bournemouth Pier, follow the road up the hill, go over the roundabout about 300yards from the top then take the left at the dip in the hill then the immediate left. There is free parking on Westovercliff Drive (as shown on map).

Edited by SpeciMan
Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Here you go Richi

The carpark is at the end of the 'white road' on that map nearest the umbrella.

From Bournemouth Pier, follow the road up the hill, go over the roundabout about 300yards from the top then take the left at the dip in the hill then the immediate left. There is free parking on Westovercliff Drive (as shown on map).

Thanks Speciman just printed the map off :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

We'll be launching at 1.30pm all welcome :thumbs::fishing1::sun:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

assisted rescues---5

sorry having a bad I.T. day

post-7370-1145747104_thumb.jpg

post-7370-1145747159_thumb.jpg

Edited by richi

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

assisted rescues---5

post-7370-1145747659_thumb.jpgPhooey couldn't make his mind up which bouy to tie up to so he tied up to all 10post-7370-1145747696_thumb.jpgWho's craziest me or the hang glider pilot?
post-7370-1145747104_thumb.jpgpost-7370-1145747159_thumb.jpgPhooey surveying the surf before launch in the end we got launched about 2pm and fished till 10pm-baits-rag,squid,peelers and sandeel and we didn't get 1 bite-we found the place easy tho thanks to SpeciMan.Think part of the reason we blanked was the gill nets that were set up there ---snagged my anchor on them :wallbash: had to cut myself free :D

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

assisted rescues---5

There was only 1 thing at the chosen venue with scales - and we didn't get to use them.

As we hadn't seen anything swimming either, I duly obliged :(

anyway it was a nice day out.

Here are some pictures for you all...

post-8244-1145751867_thumb.jpg

"Ere phooey, its beeping and flashing already ! wait a minute ...it says... ' No fish within 30 nautical miles of current location'... "

Prowler 13 in MANGO.

Sweeeeet.....:)

Kaskazi Dorado

comes with swimming pool as standard

And heres a poser - no not him, its a who forgot what - prize for the first to guess right.

I'll start you off..

Anchor line ? - No.

post-8244-1145752857_thumb.jpg

Prowler 13 in MANGO.

Kaskazi Dorado

post-8244-1145753077_thumb.jpg

Beautiful weather, Hot tip venue, 6 rods out....only WE could blank against such odds.... :wallbash:

Prowler 13 in MANGO.

Kaskazi Dorado