Durley Rocks Saturday Afternoon/Evening

richi

So far me and Phooey are definates for a Saturday targetting Plaice anyone else up for a trip out is more than welcome to join us you probably won't even need a silly hat as 16c is forecast along with 5 mph winds :sun:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far me and Phooey are definates for a Saturday targetting Plaice anyone else up for a trip out is more than welcome to join us you probably won't even need a silly hat as 16c is forecast along with 5 mph winds :sun:

Count me in :thumbs:

....oh!

Prowler 13 in MANGO.

Sweeeeet.....:)

Kaskazi Dorado

comes with swimming pool as standard

Count me in :thumbs:

....oh!

Dropped into conversation with missus about "maybe" changing plans for our weekend :black_eye:

Sewing my head back on now! :cc_surrender: Got called DAVID, not good!

Good luck boys, wish I could make it this time, but am determined to meet up with you lot and nick all your good ideas :lol:

Photos, photos, photos Pleeeeeaaaaassssseee so we can at least share some of the fun!!!

All the best~~~~~~~~~SDD

I'm hoping to get down to Southsea for a Plaice session and Simon is having a bash off the west coast (might be next weekend, can't keep up with all the dates he keeps throwing around) keep your mobiles on, first to get one rings the others :D

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

If I get my Scupper tomorrow I may pop down to Durley on Saturday to test it out (plus troll a few feathers ;) ). Durley seemed like a reasonable bream mark last year. Worth trying for them if you head down there. ... should be some wrasse to catch around the rocks. For the plaice if conditions are right it could be worth going on the drift heading west parallel to the shoreline a few hundred yards out.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

SM - yes, next Sunday in Lake District. This weekend is Venice....with the cognocenti! Classic Motor Boat event - mooring at the Royal Arsenal and they have some fancy hotel as base. Oh bugger I have to take a DJ too.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Make sure he plays something you can dance too :D

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

JUst a spectator this weekend :(

Might give me time to sort that leaky hatch.

Good Luck

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Speciman hope you can make it.WHere's the best place to park?

Darnsarf, we're going to miss you Team Leader how much is a good tent :D

Simon,Then it's the Skate trip followed by Sardinia isn't it? ain't life a bitch!

Starvinmarvin good luck with your Plaicequest :thumbs:

Phooey,got the bait already have phoned the diveshop they have dive reels by Scubapro I know their gloves are O.K. cos I've got a pair but I've never seen a dive reel because I did all my diving in Aussie with pretty good vis and I've never dived any wrecks--still we'll see tomorrow :thumbs:

Edited by richi

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

If you want to avoid car parking charges best to drop your yak off at the bottom of Durley Chine carpark then park on the side road at the top (if you can get a space) where its free. Best to take it in turns with one watching over the gear whilst the other parks the car. If you're only parking for a few hours I think the charges aren't too bad.

Do you know where your heading?

Edited by SpeciMan
Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow