Cod Pair Trawling

Leon Roskilly

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jay_con

Ive had a nine and a half and an 8 this year too. No sign of a double yet this year, but my fingers are crossed.

Our fishing club has a season long competition for the heaviest fish outside of a club match. To date nothing has been weighed in. Perhaps I should have weighed last nights fish in.

Skippy - From what ive been told you stand a very good chance tonight. Are you one of the people who risks their lives on the rocks infront of MD armed with a rope and step ladders?

having read boat skippers reply he forgot to mention the amount of discards the pair trawlers kill its unbelievable these boats trawl about 400 yards apart each pulling one wire giving an enormous spread when they hall the nets they close together and hey presto every thing in their way goes in that net the truth is carnage every one of those small codlings in 1years time cold be 2- 3 pounds in weight then double after these boats are **** fishers and must be banned

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg