I almost bought a Phony PSP.

Ken L

It plays games, music and movies. I do loads of travelling, so it's a one box solution. That'll do for me. But wait a minute..........

It only plays movies off UMD disks. You can only buy these from Phony so even if you've forked ot for the DVD, you'd have to pay another £15 for the privilige of watching it on a 4" screen. That's OK, I'll rip DVD's and record my own from my DVD's thinks you, but no, Phony don't sell blank disks. Ho-hum, it's a Universal Media Disk right, so I'll start buying those from now on and I can just stick it in my DVD player for that full on big screen experience. 'Fraid not, they only play in a PSP. Right !, I'll just have to buy UMD's from now on and plug the PSP into the TV to watch my movies. Hahar, Phony have got you there too. You can't plug a PSP into the telly....

Music then. Well actually, it will play music but only MP3's and some strange Phony format that nobody ever heard of (if you use WMA format, you've got no chance) and you have to record it to a memory stick (you have to cough up for those as extras) because (you should have thought of this already) you can't buy blank UMD disks and record to those. The upshot is that you're limited to the capacity of a cheap flash player with none of the advantages of price, flexibility, light weight, battery life and compactness that you'd have if you bought one of those for sixty quid.

Games. It does play games rather well but battery life kinda sucks.

No suprise that the second hand shops are full of PSP's at the moment.

If Phony weren't so paranoid about piracy, and had integrated GSM and bluetooth with a slot for GPS and the like, they'd have had a killer machine on their hands but having looked into it's capabilities and limitations, I'm not remotely interested - even at second hand prices.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

do what almost every psp pwner does and connect it to a hard drive or massive memory card, no need for any discs, and all the games and latest movies in psp format are widely available