Hauling your gear

Newt

Just sorta wondered if they would make sense for folks who had small, fuel efficient autos that lacked storage space.

As well as the problems of theft and manoeuvring there's also the issue of storage; we just haven't got anywhere to put a trailer, and I guess a lot of other people are the same. There's also a reduced speed limit for towing, which might matter if people are driving a long way on the motorway.

In our case, my car won't take a towbar and the chances of a. fitting a towbar to my wife's MX5 (Miata) and b. taking it fishing are negligible. My Civic is actually pretty good for luggage space with the rear seats folded down. I'm about to change it for an RX8 with a lot less space, fixed seats and a ski-hatch to put the rods through, but I think I'll just carry a bit less gear. Looks like an excuse to buy a new rod bag to me :D