Lord Freud

Andrew

He just said what employers and many others think. Disabled = Useless.

For the past few years the disabled have become villified. Every Country in misery needs a target....history always repeats itself.

Mr Cameron is probably **** because the mindset of the party has been exposed.

He just said what employers and many others think. Disabled = Useless.

Sorry but that is not at all what he said.

Some disabilities leave a person able to work but not at the speed an employer can expect from non-disabled workers.

One of my daughters has Downs Syndrome. She is fairly high functioning and has a job but cannot match the output expected of the fully abled workers. She is cheerful, reliable, proud to have a job, and glad to have extra money to supplement her disability pension.

If her employer had to pay her the full minimum wage it is doubtful he could afford to have her working so under your system she would likely never have a real job but would only be able to work in some sort of sheltered, government sponsored facility or not work at all. Been there, done that, hated it.

I think the monster in question had a valid idea but badly stated so maybe not such a monster after all.

• Like 1
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President