Anyone else get out today?

Sharkbyte

The forecast looked to good to be true but for once it was spot on, negligable wind all day.

We launched from Brighlingsea and headed out to the Middles first stop. Nothing doing after an hour so we went out to the Barrows. Had a good days sport with the Thornies and Smoothound. Even stuck a third rod out which didn't stop bouncing all day with plump Dabs.

One of those rare days where favourable weather coincides with hungry fish. :)

Guest CJS2

Did it rain out there Sharkbyte, started at Shotley about 1pm, we were going out, but the forecast rain put me off, dont need much to do that at the moment :unsure: I did go down to the boat for a fiddle, refill the stern gland greaser, polish a bit of stainless and walk the dog. Then discovered the brand new 40gal water tank I installed 3 weeks ago was leaking! Not a disaster, but irritating, especially as it was a pig to install, equally, a pig to get out, and will be just as difficult to re fit the new one. Wonder if Plastimo will accept responsibility, its questionable where the fault lies? But the chandlers said they would try, I need problems like that like a hole in the head :headhurt:

A well, the forecasters got the rain right, been raining since 1pm, hazels just let the dog out 10pm, she tells me its still coming down in bucket fulls, just dodge the buckets I say :lol:

CJS2

We had a few light showers until late afternoon when it became a bit heavier. No problem, I don't mind the rain just hate the wind, especially other peoples ;) .

A rain drop in the eye at 30+mph don't half hurt though. Took to wearing my sunglasses for the drive back, must have looked a real berk. :D

All in all one of our favourite trips out yet, really enjoyed today.

A bite a cast with all three of my rods jumping in their rests at some points.

Good luck with your water tank woes. :)

Sounds like a good day Wayne, no hadock this time mate.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

We managed to get out on Sunday despite the no show of the east wind we were expecting!

Not loads of fish about but a really good variety.

I had...

Sole

Bass

Thornback Ray

Doggies

Smoothound

Whiting

The sea was like a mirror out on the Gunfleet, but once slack water arrived the flood just never got going again.

One chap had a nice 6 pound Bass!

Live to fish!!

Feel a bit gutted now. Decided to travel down to kent from chelmsford on sunday to try for bass from the knolls.We had fresh mackeral for bait,frozen herring and squid.Launched at 0930 at Minnis Bay,from here its about 6-7 miles to the Knolls.Fished for about 2 hours and caught only dogs, we moved to the Longnose bouy as there is more tide run there but again only dogs.Travelled back just before low water and anchored up a couple of miles from Minnis hoping to get some skate from the banks :) again only dogs :( Not much chat on radio except for reports of small skate and schoolies and loads of dogs.Came in about 1630 and got home 1940.I actually enjoyed the day as i gave the engine agood blast due to the flat sea and got abit of a tan .I'm definately launching from Brightlingsea next weekend tho :lol: