Home-made feathers.

AlderneyBassman

I've made up some "feathers" for catching launce using various bits of xmas decorations and wrapping paper :P

Now I need to make them into strings of 6.

Anyone know of an easy to tie knot to make the droppers in the "string"?

I've tried the blood loop but its pain to get the spacing between them right.

I've made up some "feathers" for catching launce using various bits of xmas decorations and wrapping paper :P

Now I need to make them into strings of 6.

Anyone know of an easy to tie knot to make the droppers in the "string"?

I've tried the blood loop but its pain to get the spacing between them right.

I just use a stand off snood for small bait fish. a string of six takes about 5 mins

Start with the top 'feather'.

Lay the snood alongside the main line and tie a figure of eight knot with them.

Pull it tight and, if you like, tie a small knot in the snood end as close as possible to the f-o-8 knot.

Proceed down the main line until you have enough lures.

Doing it this way, you will always have 'clean' line to form the f-o-8 knot.

Make the first lure the top one. That way they will lie close to the main line to cut down air resitance when casting but will be more active as you strike and retrieve.

Hope that all makes sense!

A red and a white elastic band for each feather works fine!

Edited by Jim Roper

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Easiest way I've found to make a trace of feathers is to make a big dropper knot in a length of line (much bigger than in this animation but the same process - just make the dropper much bigger) and then cut the top of the dropper about 1cm from the knot. This leave a good sized snood on which to tie your feather. Duplicate this process down your line at regular intervals until you have the required number of snoods. Leave enough at either end for a swivel and lead link. With not much practice it should be straightforward to get a fairly even distance between hooks.

Either that or make small dropper knots and then tie your snood length to these.

Hope this helps :)

http://www.animatedknots.com/dropperloop/index.php?