old bury hill (help)

j green

hi everyone

i am going to bury hill next thursday for a day ticket and was wondering if anyone could give some info on the best lake for the best chance of catching the bigger carp around high doubles and over 20lbs and is it a easy water or hard and what are the best swims on either old bury hill lake or temple lake and what are the best baits and tactics

thanks

j.green

hi everyone

i am going to bury hill next thursday for a day ticket and was wondering if anyone could give some info on the best lake for the best chance of catching the bigger carp around high doubles and over 20lbs and is it a easy water or hard and what are the best swims on either old bury hill lake or temple lake and what are the best baits and tactics

thanks

I had a 25lbs common out on tuesday night from the main lake. (pics on the course forum) I was only fishing for 4 hours after work. I think that the early pegs are best. 1,2, and 3 are close to the rodedendrums and you will get loads of bites all day with morning and evening best. I got the 25lbs on about peg 10 I didn't look. I was only 15-20m out on popped up tutti fruity corn after putting down lots of dynamite halibut groundbait and pellets. I was using feeder/quiver tactics. Its a great lake but you will have to be careful not to catch the bream. I had 4 bream to every carp!!

hi everyone

thanks

lo mate, fish the main lake for the carp plenty of doubles & twenty's to go for ! as for temple i believe you cant just turn up and fish it , you have to join 1st ! if you want to be different try fishing off the punts in the jungle , the sport can be spectacular . use heavy tackle though at short range the carp fight like demons

lo mate, fish the main lake for the carp plenty of doubles & twenty's to go for ! as for temple i believe you cant just turn up and fish it , you have to join 1st ! if you want to be different try fishing off the punts in the jungle , the sport can be spectacular . use heavy tackle though at short range the carp fight like demons

I think that it is almost impossible to join the carp club now which allows you to night fish, use three rods and fish the temple lake. The largest fist are all in the main lake anyhow!

hi

thanks for the infomation on bury hill and i heard that peg 75 was a brilliant swim for big fish and that area of open water in front of peg 75 which also can be reached from peg 1 2 and 3

and do all boilies work well there because i bought a back of 20 mm source boilies and sack of halibut pellets 8mm

thanks

j.green

hi

can you night fish the old bury hill lake because going his sunday

hi

can you night fish the old bury hill lake because going his sunday and does it get busey on weekends

I suggest you go to Bury Hill's Exellent Web Site for all the latest News and terms & Conditions, and looking at the date of your first post ,Have you been yet ?

Edited by Trevor GL