Fishing the Thames (Richmond)

bungral

A couple of years ago all I fished was the Thames at Richmond Lock. Full tidal side until the tide got too low then moved over to the semi tidal side by which point was pretty still. Mainly caught Eels ledgering and sometimes pretty large Breem.

Anyway, I haven't really fished for the last two seasons and am going to start again come the new season. Anyone have any info about this stretch of the Thames from last season? I have heard rumours its not been fishing very good but I don't know how true this is.

Also i've been thinking about Piking on the Thames. Anyone know where best to start? Teddington is fairly close to me and i've read its good?

bungral - welcome to Anglers' Net.

Things are typically pretty slow on here weekends but someone will be along to give you an answer.

I can't offer anything since I am a bit too far from you to be familiar with that area.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Things are typically pretty slow on here weekends but someone will be along to give you an answer.

I can't offer anything since I am a bit too far from you to be familiar with that area.

Thanks for the welcome :)

No problem about it being slow. Its not as if i'm in a rush with the open season a month away. Saying that I think i'm allowed to fish for Eels on the Thames even now.

Guest Ferret1959

Ah but this time next week Newt you will be a leading advisor to fishing in the UK.:D :D

Hi,

Never fished that far down but a bit further upstream at Hampton Court there's been some big barbel coming out in the last couple of seasons - park in Aragon Avenue, Thames Ditton. Fish close to where the Mole joins.

There are plenty of bream around in Kingston on the feeder on the Canbury Gardens stretch.

Maggot feeder for a mixed bag - lots of perch along there.

Hope this helps..

Ok i know Kingston pretty well as i'm always there but have never fished it. What stretch is the Canbury Gardens stretch? Back of town centre?

Its the park just past the Slug & Lettuce - John Lewis side of the road bridge..

Right i know where your on about but i've never actually been there. Seen the Slug & Lettuce in passing but never bothered to go in. Will take a look around next time i'm in Kingston :) cheers for the info :D