You've gotta love those crazy Finns

Ken L

The only music comming out of Finnland at the moment seems to be metal.

They've even done a metal entry for Eurovision http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/avdb/news_web/...f30_16x9_bb.asx

If mothing else, it should wake up a few people in the middle of the continents annual kitch frenzy and flof a few more metal records for Finnish bands.

As for "Encouraging Satanism", don't make me laugh !!!! :2:

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5001638.stm

i was out last night so misssed it, seemed a hell of a night.

i might be brave and put some money on the song as a nos 1 hit beckons!

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

OMG, they actually won.

I wander what the millions of watching hairdressers made of that ?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Guest Finepix

I wasn't surprised by the Finnish entry. I went to Finland a couple of times in the mid 90's. Their nightclubs were certainly an experience. Both myself and my friend had our 'front bottoms' squeezed whilst fighting our way to the bar, and the music was just AWFUL, so so bad. The locals seemed to like it though ...... :blink:

Edited by Finepix

I could not stand to watch more than a bit of it, but did see the British and Finnish entrys. The only conclusion that I can come to is that the object of the programme is to enter the worst possible song, sung and choreographed in the worst possible way in the hope that at least one other country`s entry is better than yours and that they get lumbered with the job of staging the whole farce next year.

Let face it the days when established stars like Cliff Richard and Sandy Shaw competed to represent our country in the contest are long gone. Singers at that level now have far too much professional pride to stoop down as low.

A Hammond

Finnland, Finnland, finnland where the tree's are soo ta-allllll :lol:

Monty Python: Finland

Finland, Finland, Finland,

The country where I want to be,

Pony trekking or camping,

Or just watching TV.

Finland, Finland, Finland.

It's the country for me.

You're so near to Russia,

So far from Japan,

Quite a long way from Cairo,