Help I need to find my Sea Legs

Leon Roskilly

Hi Leon

I also suffer from sea sickness and it aint pleasant however if I take Stugeron I have no problem. I do not use them as suggested on the packet. I take 2 last thing on the night before travel. This gets it into your system then one or two on waking on the day of travel.

I recently went to Alderney on a four day charter day 1 with Stugeron no probs and it was quiet rough. Day 2 the forecast was for flat seas and no wind so never took anything, big mistake ill all day. Days 3 + 4 back on the tabs and all was ok. It works for me give em a go.

Some say its in the mind and so long as Stugeron stays in my mind I'm a happy bunny :-)

Martin

visit http://www.pbsbac.co.uk for small boat angling on the south coast

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Leon

I also suffer from sea sickness and it aint pleasant however if I take Stugeron I have no problem. I do not use them as suggested on the packet. I take 2 last thing on the night before travel. This gets it into your system then one or two on waking on the day of travel.

I recently went to Alderney on a four day charter day 1 with Stugeron no probs and it was quiet rough. Day 2 the forecast was for flat seas and no wind so never took anything, big mistake ill all day. Days 3 + 4 back on the tabs and all was ok. It works for me give em a go.

Some say its in the mind and so long as Stugeron stays in my mind I'm a happy bunny :-)

Martin

Tried those.

They work by thickening the fluid in the ear that is used to determine balance.

For once I found that the 'sea-sickness' that I was experiencing didn't disappear the moment I stepped ashore, but rather I was staggering around on the sand-banks of the Thames Estuary feeling awful and concluded I was over the sea-sickness, but suffering from sea-sickness pill sickness!

Stopped taking the pills and I was fine!! :)

You are welcome to join us for a day or two, either kill or cure you.

er, I think I'll build up to that gradually Wurzel :-)

Ps I'm in the process of booking a trip out on the Ken Green, so we might come out and check your nets ;)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Tried those.

They work by thickening the fluid in the ear that is used to determine balance.

For once I found that the 'sea-sickness' that I was experiencing didn't disappear the moment I stepped ashore, but rather I was staggering around on the sand-banks of the Thames Estuary feeling awful and concluded I was over the sea-sickness, but suffering from sea-sickness pill sickness!

Stopped taking the pills and I was fine!! :)

er, I think I'll build up to that gradually Wurzel :-)

Ps I'm in the process of booking a trip out on the Ken Green, so we might come out and check your nets ;)

Hello Leon

Thats if the Ken Green does not break down, Joshes little puddle jumper might be a safer bet.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Hello Leon

Thats if the Ken Green does not break down, Joshes little puddle jumper might be a safer bet.

er, I'm waiting for repairs to KG.

Josh's boat is a bit too small to have me in the way.

RNLI Shoreline Member

I have plans for an all nighter on the Norfolk broads back end of June :lol:

An annual trip that ties in well with work. If you think you could handle it Leon ;)

Dave

Hi Fastd,

Thanks for the offer, but It's a bit too far, and maybe a bit more of an expedition than I'm looking for at the mo.

Good Luck.

(ps if you could stop off at Sun Pier Chatham and pick me up, that might be different LOL)

RNLI Shoreline Member

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Martin,

Sorry to badger you, but i sent you an reply about your Warrior 195's from a message that was years old, i dont know if that means you wont get it.

Apolopgies, but im so bad on computers. lol.

Regards,

crberry2002@yahoo.co.uk

Used to get sea sickness but found the cure!

My sea sickenss used to be terrible, rendering me out of the game for the duration of the charter, I thought I'd have to stick to the shore, but then someone suggested keeping a slither or raw root ginger under my tongue for the duration. This works on the same principle as the ginger snap biscuits. Ginger has a soothing/ calming effect on the stomach! Definately worth a go. Now I'm happy in even the roughest on charters.

Dave

We're gonna need a bigger boat!