River Ivel at Langford (Biggleswade)

Phil Adams

Hi all,

Does anyone have any info regarding the section of the River Ivel in Biggleswade? I have access to it as a member of Vauzhall and was wondering if anyone had any info.

In the club book there are two sections. "River Ivel - Girtford" and "Biggleswade Common and Backmeadows" which I assume is still part of the Ivel.

Thanks

Hi phil

you may be able to fish ipa waters on a vauxhall ticket take a look here http://www.shefforddaa.org.uk/ipa_waters.htm

if your in the area let me know

good luck :sun::thumbs:

ok cheers for that. I'm still trying to work out which part of the Ivel it is lol, I think its the section behind the playing field just off the main road (Mill Lane).

I'll have to take a spin up and see if I can find it at the weekend. :)

Hi Phil, I'd be interested to know how you get on as my inlaws live in biggleswade and I've often wondered what the river was like to fish. I've only looked at the stretch at the northern end of the town near the supermarket, it looked very 'barbely'.

I think I can feel a visit to the inlaws coming on :thumbs: .

P6130007.jpg

P6130008.jpg

This is the stetch in biggleswade last year between mill lane and sainsburys, wich is free i saw some barbel near the fair ground against the island,biggleswade common is sainsburys side just over the bridge Girtford is nearer Sandy :thumbs::thumbs:

Thats a nice looking stretch of water. I did'nt know any of it was free fishing, I must remember to leave my rods in the car when I next visit the inlaws :D .

How much of the river is free? Is it north or south of the bridge by sainsburys?

I have just sent an email to Vauxhall asking for any further info regarding this stretch. There seems to be several clubs allowing access to parts of the river, and I dont want to be stepping out of bounds! lol

If I get a usefull reply I will post it up here.

Those pics look great, I'd love a stalking session or two somewhere like that! :)

I'm only down the road in Luton, so if I can get somthing sorted out it maybe fun to hook up and have a fishing session, if anyone is interested.

Phil

Hello as an ex Vauxhall Commitee member i know what your after.

As a club member you can fish from the back meadows at biggleswade right up to sandy new road.

Theres a small section down stream of girtford bridge towards and including the weir thats out of bounds (belongs to another club) Apart from that go get them chub. Word of advice if fishing Girtford dont know whats its like now but they were getting a spate of car thefts a few years ago. At girtford the first bit between the bridge and the fence (about 75 yds) is totally free.

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

Hi Phil, I live down the road a bit in Hertford, I'd be up for a session on the Ivel. Just seeing those pictures reminds me how much I'm missing the rivers, roll on the 16th :thumbs: .

Andy.

Hello as an ex Vauxhall Commitee member i know what your after.

As a club member you can fish from the back meadows at biggleswade right up to sandy new road.

Theres a small section down stream of girtford bridge towards and including the weir thats out of bounds (belongs to another club) Apart from that go get them chub. Word of advice if fishing Girtford dont know whats its like now but they were getting a spate of car thefts a few years ago. At girtford the first bit between the bridge and the fence (about 75 yds) is totally free.

Just what I was after Terry, thanks for that :thumbs:

I'll try to go and have a look over the weekend, and report back (note to self: charge up camera batteries). If you dont read it on here Andy, I'll pm you mate ok.

neeeeeeed to fish!

Cheers all :)