Looking for a runs water in France

kestrel

Hi Guys, I am looking for a runs water in France prefably within 200 miles of Calais/ Boulogne , can anyone recommend somewhere for 2009 ?

Edited by kestrel

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Hi Guys, I am looking for a runs water in France prefably within 200 miles of Calais/ Boulogne , can anyone recommend somewhere for 2009 ?

Check out the angling lines brochure, advertised on here. I'm sure they'll be able to point you in the right direction. I would suggest one of the lakes on the Great Lakes complex may well be a good bet - such as La Traque.

<edit> Just looked and they don't seem to cover the great lakes complex anymore - try googling it, or look to see what others take your fancy.

<2nd edit> OK try Horton fishing lakes - they have the waters I mentioned...

Rob.

Edited by RobStubbs

Depends really on what you mean by a 'runs water' ?? If you are interested in catching carp of any size with stacks of singles and the odd bigger fish then there are several candidates, however if you are after a venue where you can catch between 15 to 40 carp in the mid teens to low 40's then perhaps the following may suit you...www.carpdreams.com

Blog...carpdreams.wordpress.com

Chose carefully and be sure to have a good time.

Depends really on what you mean by a 'runs water' ?? If you are interested in catching carp of any size with stacks of singles and the odd bigger fish then there are several candidates, however if you are after a venue where you can catch between 15 to 40 carp in the mid teens to low 40's then perhaps the following may suit you...www.carpdreams.com

Blog...carpdreams.wordpress.com

Chose carefully and be sure to have a good time.

What you describe is roughly what I am looking for, have you been ?

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

What you describe is roughly what I am looking for, have you been ?

Just a guess but it may be his venue - if you look where he lives. Not that that makes any difference. I've been and fished a lot of waters in France and I'd guess most would fit your bill to some extent.

Rob.

Just a guess but it may be his venue - if you look where he lives. Not that that makes any difference. I've been and fished a lot of waters in France and I'd guess most would fit your bill to some extent.

Rob.

Quite right Roy, sorry if my post may have seemed misleading....quite unintentional.

We certainly would fit the requirements but so would lots of other good venue's out there but a 'runs water' is quite difficult to quantify. Last year was our first year and we had one angler catch 82 carp fishing mainly days. About 8 were 30's and of the remainder half were 20's with the remainder being doubles. This year catches are down but sizes are higher and I feel that is the way with fisheries, as the fish grow and get caught they get wiser so each year the expected catch per angler will include bigger fish but quantities will be down. One water I fished over here about years ago would see 30 or 40 carp per week for me with average weights of around 18/19lb but including the odd 30. Each year would see bigger fish but a drop off in numbers and this year the water has thrown up a 60 and a host of 40's and 50's but average catch rates are very low indeed. Thus, generally speaking a runs water today is unlikely to be the same in a couple of years. We try to reduce fishing pressure by only having a max of 6 anglers on our 15 acres so catch rates are still very good but there is no guarantee that future years will be the same despite having around 500 carp stocked.

Quite right Roy, sorry if my post may have seemed misleading....quite unintentional.

We certainly would fit the requirements but so would lots of other good venue's out there but a 'runs water' is quite difficult to quantify. Last year was our first year and we had one angler catch 82 carp fishing mainly days. About 8 were 30's and of the remainder half were 20's with the remainder being doubles. This year catches are down but sizes are higher and I feel that is the way with fisheries, as the fish grow and get caught they get wiser so each year the expected catch per angler will include bigger fish but quantities will be down. One water I fished over here about years ago would see 30 or 40 carp per week for me with average weights of around 18/19lb but including the odd 30. Each year would see bigger fish but a drop off in numbers and this year the water has thrown up a 60 and a host of 40's and 50's but average catch rates are very low indeed. Thus, generally speaking a runs water today is unlikely to be the same in a couple of years. We try to reduce fishing pressure by only having a max of 6 anglers on our 15 acres so catch rates are still very good but there is no guarantee that future years will be the same despite having around 500 carp stocked.

Too far from Calais for me, I like to take my own gear so that rules out flying.

Surely someone has been to a runs water in France within 200 miles of Calais / Boulogne ?

Edited by kestrel

• 2 weeks later...

Can find you ANY number of waters BUT not so close to Calais! I am like Oldfella in the Loire! I have several waters I look after myself, but none so close.

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))