seen people fishing on the river

zenith10

cant believe it theyve only got a week to wait, but already theve started. not suprised that because in all of my time fishing ive never been asked once for my license

I agree with you completely mate.

The last day of the real season I saw four rather sturdy looking anglers fishing a lake over on the Lea, nothing odd about that till you look at the tackle and language they were speaking....not from these shores.....and no ballif or authority to be seen. I would have aproached them and now feel guilty that I didn't but when it's four guys against one angler and his young son then forget it!

Thing is that those guys could well still be fishing the same lake as I guess there's noone there to stop them.

My gut instinct tells me that they were not members but who am I against all four of them eh, I pay my membership fees for ballifs and rod licence to the Enviroment Agency to police the matter and where are they when you need then?

I agree with you completely mate.

The last day of the real season I saw four rather sturdy looking anglers fishing a lake over on the Lea, nothing odd about that till you look at the tackle and language they were speaking....not from these shores.....and no ballif or authority to be seen. I would have aproached them and now feel guilty that I didn't but when it's four guys against one angler and his young son then forget it!

Thing is that those guys could well still be fishing the same lake as I guess there's noone there to stop them.

My gut instinct tells me that they were not members but who am I against all four of them eh, I pay my membership fees for ballifs and rod licence to the Enviroment Agency to police the matter and where are they when you need then?

If you see anything dodgy on the Lea Valley, (fish removal, nightlining etc) telephone 07974696931 for the park security people. They will do their best, (got a couple of nightling poles busted last year) but only use them if you are sure they are upto no good.

cant believe it theyve only got a week to wait, but already theve started. not suprised that because in all of my time fishing ive never been asked once for my license

Some people have not had a close season the River Nene.

Ian Flynn

Guest Ferret1959

Now if you had taken my advice and called the police these things will be controlled.

If the police get enough calls they have to do something about it.

Edited by Ferret1959

Now if you had taken my advice and called the police these things will be controlled.

If the police get enough calls they have to do something about it.

next time ferret i definately am

I'll be fishing at a fish-in on the Hamble tomorrow :)

For mullet :) :)

Typical. I won't be able to go as my fishing buddy is off to Marseille for 10 days or so. Fishing for mullet!!

Let us all know how you get on Leon.

TL from Cory

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote