Eight months for this? You have to be joking.

Rusty

So who poses the bigger risk? Mr Chav driving his girlfriend in the same direction as a load of other cars (albeit somewhat slower) on a wide racetrack with comms to keep the racers out of the way and medical facilities readily at hand or Mr Lithuania deciding that he can't be bothered to carry on until the next slip road?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-30039395

Both need discouraging but one is far more likely to end in death.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

You don't expect consistency in sentencing now do you ;)

I guess the difference is motive and premeditation. I think if the trucker had done it for a laugh and put the video up on facebook they'd have thrown the book at him too.

Well both were premeditated, as for the motive yes Mr Chav did it for a laugh but not on a public highway, he's been convicted of being a 'public nuisance'. I could achieve that after a good vindaloo!

The consequences could have been so different and yet Mr Chav will be doing his best not to drop the soap in the showers and Mr Lithuania gets 15 weeks suspended.

• Like 2

It's never a 'six', let's put it back