Poppers

ef duck

Good morning once again, I hope I am not opening a can of worms, but as a newcomer to the art of Fluff Chucking, I am hungry for knowledge, and have read about Poppers, I wondered what is the real effect of these lures, and what is the attitude of fisheries to these? I have heard that some will not allow them, so is it worth buying them?

Cheers

Bob

Yes they are great for Summer Pike and Sea Bass. There is more to Fly Fishing than Trout and Salmon you know.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Yes they are great for Summer Pike and Sea Bass. There is more to Fly Fishing than Trout and Salmon you know.

I have used them for Bass in West Wales before, and found them effective, but I really would like to know about the Trout side of things, many thanks for the reply though, and I will certainly try for Pike with them!!

Cheers

Bob

I have used them for Bass in West Wales before, and found them effective, but I really would like to know about the Trout side of things, many thanks for the reply though, and I will certainly try for Pike with them!!

Cheers

Bob

http://www.troutpoppers.co.uk/

Hope this link is allowed, interesting, with video footage

Paul Singleton

http://www.troutpoppers.co.uk/

Hope this link is allowed, interesting, with video footage

Any link that answers a genuine question is fine by us :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Cheers Singy, I got on to that sight and it has wet my appetite even more!! I was thinking of the Wet Cold Bank fishing days!! and anything that brightens up that prospect gets my vote!

Cheers

Bob :thumbs::sun:

Certainly looks like fun, nothing better than watching a mental rainbow smash into a surface lure. I might have to get a few myself.

Remember that site is selling the stuff so there may well be a slight exageration in the detail :)

Paul Singleton

Certainly looks like fun, nothing better than watching a mental rainbow smash into a surface lure. I might have to get a few myself.

Remember that site is selling the stuff so there may well be a slight exageration in the detail :)

There are other suppliers though, and the idea seems sound!! we shall have to see, but I am definately going to have some and give them a go!! I shall keep you posted.

Cheers

Bob

I'm going to tie some of my own poppers for chub fishing on the Kentish stour. I've had some swirls at muddlers and the like but I quite fancy the idea of some added commotion to really get them going. Has anyone tied poppers themselves? Any tips?

Robin