Anyone Fishing East Coast Scotland this Weekend

Mike Dodds

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spur-Hound:

Hopefull dig some lug(tho i aint brilliant at this, Will try to get some mussel and rzorfish also maybe squid    Mussel ide say is the most importand, followed a close secong to lug

Thanks Shaun, I've got rag, frozen black lug, and squid. I'll see if I can get any mussels tomorrow. I've given up on digging lug. My back just isn't up to it

:rolleyes: True

It aint that i get knakered or sorre as much, Its just that im useless! I used 2 go with these lads who laughed at my haul of lug, would get 30-40 in an hour comparted to thos with 100, i just dont seem to get thee technuiqe of trenching right!, The only time ive had any succsess is when there there truly thick on the ground which isnt often,

Tight Lines

Shaun

try opening up a 4-5 fork wide trench. the 2 sides throw the sand sideways and the middle 3 into the dig area. every forkful take out without pushing the fork in apart from the blade area. turn that over and go into the same area again and lift another lot out. don't try to take to big a slice so to speak, just a couple of inches each time.

you will probably find the worms on the 2nd dig. tends to be if others are getting plenty and your not then your not digging deep enough.

remember its not a race, slow and sure will do. who cares how much area you turn over its how many are in the bucket.

also make sure your not digging on top of a sand bank as the worms will be further down.

hope that helps if not buy the buggers

Hi Mike, That bait sounds perfect, Those cod realy have greedy habits, Eating up everything and anything if there hungry,

I dont mean to insult you in any way so dont take this the wrong way... Would you like me to tie up a few riigs for you to use on sunday??? I dont know about you but when i was a beginer i found all this cod fishing lark very hard to grasp and certainly rigs had a grreat part to play in succses :rolleyes: I still need 2 do alot of tweaking judjing by m last winters succsess, its all a work in progress

I apreciate i still have to find out times etc, Ill be as quik as i can :)

Tight Lines

Shaun

If not fishing 'bervie itself ( the weathers not behaving as it should yet!! ) then take plenty of weights and use rigs with rotten bottoms.

Also if you plan to use mussel take some bait elastic as it helps keep the bait on during the cast and the crabs don't strip it so quickly.

The best bait this early is peeler crab if you can get it but frozen blackworm in a shellfish or squid cocktail seems to do the trick.

Spur-Hound:

I dont mean to insult you in any way so dont take this the wrong way... Would you like me to tie up a few riigs for you to use on sunday??? I dont know about you but when i was a beginer i found all this cod fishing lark very hard to grasp and certainly rigs had a grreat part to play in succses   :rolleyes:     I still need 2 do alot of tweaking judjing by m last winters succsess, its all a work in progress

Shaun, I'm not too proud to admit I havn't got a scooby. So if you do tie up a few extra rigs that would be great. I got some mussels the easy way today, care of Tesco. They are in a nice net bag in the fridge...

I should have plenty of bait, and I've got enough lead to do an average church roof.

I've got elastic thread too and some idea what to do about rotten bottem set up.

:) Mike