First Session

Crispy

Budgies right, a good coolbag/box and some frozen bottle of water means that your bacon etc will stay cool and even by day three you'll still be drinking cold water

Mozzie repellent is a must. Something like this should do the trick. Also some plasters and some antiseptic cream for those little accidents! :black_eye: That may sound a bit namby-pamby but there can be Weil's Disease in the water and you can die from it! :bones:

Thats the gear Cidermonkey, worked for me at 10 1/2 feet in the mountains of Guatemala last year, kept the little bliters away and your right a good first aid kit, is a must, have all ways had a good one in my car for years and I am now a First Responder for Essex Ambulance Service, might sound OTT, but only a few weeks back a friend of my son's was fishing a local lake near me and fell in and nearly drowned, one of his other school friends dived in and saved his life, paramedics and the air ambulance flew him to hospital and lucky he was ok, but found out he has Epalepsy and went in the lake, do to a fit. Me and my son now take him out fishing,because of my training as a first responder, so his parents don't have to worry so much, as he has since had 5 further fits in the last 2-3 months.So you never know what you might come across while your out on the bank, not saying you need oxygen bottles and a heart defib like I carry when on call, but a basic first aid kit and even get some training in CPR, could save a life. What made me do the first responders bit you might be asking, well about 7 years ago a freind of mine suffered an epaleptic fit on his front room floor one evening, his wife being disabled in a wheel chair, was powerless to help him, after he got to hospital by ambulance, he died 30 minutes later.

Ive never been able to understand why more people dont learn/are taught first aid. The amount of lives it would save not to mention the money and load on the NHS is ridiculous.

Mums with young kids not bothering to learn it amazes me.

A good starting point would be to make First aid at at least HSE1 level part of the driving course like several European countries do.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Ive never been able to understand why more people dont learn/are taught first aid. The amount of lives it would save not to mention the money and load on the NHS is ridiculous.

Mums with young kids not bothering to learn it amazes me.

A good starting point would be to make First aid at at least HSE1 level part of the driving course like several European countries do.

I agree Budgie, shame it could not be taught at a basic level, as part of the national carriculum in schools, or even be on offer as an after school club activity. CPR is so simple to learn at most age ranges, and even basic bandaging and how to treat burns and scalds etc, a lot of it is not rocket science and needing to be a doctor educated to degree level and the life and discomfort it could save, not to mention doctors time and the ambulance service, as you mentioned, the cost it could save, to vital services. Sat in the A&E with my brother in law tues night at our local hospital and was amazed at what people were coming in for, one girl had walked into a wall and banged her nose, it never bled or wasn't even swollen, just as you might imagine a bit sore, but what a waste of and A&E doctors time.

Hi Chris

I started fishing a 'virgin' lake a few years back, sounds very like the one your planning to fish, with carp stocked a few years ago, anyway i found that stalking with a float and a worm was an absolute killer! The carp will be very spooky so you have to take time getting into postition, being quiet and out of site, but i found they would feed quite confidently seeing as they wernt fished for previously. i would creep round a few likly looking swims and introduce a handful of maize, pellets or groundbait just feet from the bank. Then go and set up a simple rig, a float (check out self weighted puddlechuckers, there great) then a braided hooklink then either worm, bunch of maggots, maize or give boillies a try. I would then go and have a look for signs of feeding, lillies moving, clouds where the bottom was disturbed, swirls etc. wait for the fish to move out of the swim, introduce the hookbait, then they should be back in a matter of minutes.

Just a tactic i found works, and still does now. Not as good as it used to be, so id give that a good go!

Good Luck! Dan

chris,

i find a good pillow helps me sleep better .....should you be unlucky enough to have lots of opportunity to sleep that is...

good luck

<')Andy<