Dingy fishing in the Solent today (27/06)

RichardB

Fished on friends' (Phil) dingy near the Browndown bouy (Solent) today. Wall-to-wall bream. It was a bite a drop on 2 rods each, did't matter what bait went in - rag, squid, crab or mackeral. Kept a few for the table. Nearly all went back.

I had a spell where I stopped catching bream and was getting mackeral instead - off the bottom on the bream gear. Thats me sorted for bass baits for a while !

Phil caught a small smoothhound - about 4 lb.

A fun day from a session close in-shore smile.gif .

DON'T PANIC

Nice one Richard,

How big were the Bream mate?

Scott

Hi Scott.

Nothing record breaking but the majority were 'in-size' with a good smattering of 2 - 2.5 pounders. As I say, we on a mark no more than about half a mile from shore, where it's commom to get a lot of little 'palm-sized' bream at times so I was quite surprised at the intense concentration of sizable ones.

DON'T PANIC

Hi Scott.

Nothing record breaking but the majority were 'in-size' with a good smattering of 2 - 2.5 pounders. As I say, we on a mark no more than about half a mile from shore, where it's commom to get a lot of little 'palm-sized' bream at times so I was quite surprised at the intense concentration of sizable ones.

Good one mate, sounds like you hit a decent shoul, theres been a fair few decent fish in the Poole bay area this year, loads of 3lb + fish, and the odd 4lb'er.

Scott

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

There's quite a bit of scattered wreckage in the area in about 40 - 50 feet of water (wreck would be too grand a name for it) and we had spent some time attempting to manoeuvre over a likely looking chunk of it. I guess that paid off.

DON'T PANIC