Oxford & district AA waters.

cg74

Does anybody know exactly what venues i can fish on a Oxford & district AA ticket particualy the Cherwell. Either web sites with the details i require or O/S map reference numbers would be good.

I've managed to find you this link http://www.communigate.co.uk/oxford/oxforddaa/index.phtml the site is under consruction but may be of help to you.

In the message board there are some references to maps don't know if they'll help.

Is this also known as the North Oxford Angling Association as they have linked with one of my local clubs The Northampton Nene Angling Club, a club which has some incredable waters to it's name.

If the hat's missing

I've gone fishing

you can fish most of the thames in oxford, some below, such as clifton hampden, some above. alot of the oxford canal, some of the cherwell, but good luck if you can actuually hack through the bushes to the river!

it would take a while to explain how to get to each one on here, also, you cant actually join the odaa, you have to join an affliated club, of which there are alot from as little as a tenner per season. it gives you access to very big perch, chub, alot of good roach fishing, some good bream shoals, the odd carp and the even rarer barbel. the best stretch is probably medley, as an all round water. good idea to pop into either j and k tackle in bicester or fat phils in abingdon (i dont personally go there, as its not near me unlike bicester).

sorry, i didnt really read your post properly, with the cherwell the bits you can fish are mainly unfished, ive fished them twice, there is about a mile in total, some behind pigeons lock on the oxford canal. trouble is at the river there are no signs to indicate where the boundaries are, so you have to guess from a old crappy photocopied map. also, apparently their stretches of the cherwell are rubbish, which may explain why i didnt catch. banbury ac has alot of the cherwell, some good stretches ive heard, and for £30.

if you want, pm me, and i will try to dig out the maps, or give you directions to some of the waters i have fished.

the cherwell is very much like the thame, and although i havent fished the cherwell much, ive fished the thame alot, and you would be wise to leave it til late august time before you start fishing, if it is like the thame, which im sure it is.

Edited by david t