Perch disease ?

Andy_1984

i was thinking that but there was not a single scratch or mark on the opposite side of it :blink:

Are there a lot of snails in the water Andy? Black Spot is caused by a parasite, with can be carried by snails. This can cause the fish to rub against an object to relieve the itch, and rid it's self of the parasite. The markings could be a result of the rubbing, and, maybe a secondary infection has occurred, which would account for the ulcer like appearance of the sores.

John

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Are there a lot of snails in the water Andy? Black Spot is caused by a parasite, with can be carried by snails. This can cause the fish to rub against an object to relieve the itch, and rid it's self of the parasite. The markings could be a result of the rubbing, and, maybe a secondary infection has occurred, which would account for the ulcer like appearance of the sores.

John

yes i have noticed alot of snails in the water since the start of summer alot more since last summer. infact i never seen a single snail last year now they are all over.

also i have noticed alot of the roach and perch ive caught out of the canal are infested with lice, i counted about 8 on one perch once they mostly hang around the tail

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk