Film type question.

Guest Ferret1959

Guest Ferret1959

I have 3 setting for type of 'film' on my S7000.

Standard, B/W and Chrome.

What's the differances?

I know one is black and white already.;):)

Dave, is that a film camera ? something stirs in my mind re the chrome........... Yes...there is a bit about it on Google, type in Chrome film...

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

And from the wonder that is Google -

"Chrome setting results in a more vivid image with a higher contrast and colour saturation. For example: a deeper green and a bluer sky when taking landscape images"

taken from

http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/camera/review/14/page_4.html

for info - i typed "S7000 Chrome setting". Gotta love google :)

Hope this helps :P

What eatlard says.........

"Chrome" was the name given to transparency film for slides, ie a positive image. process E4~E6 etc.

C41 process film is for negatives.

Historically E6 film was better than C41 film as the E4 film had greater depth of colour and saturation levels plus greater levels of contrast, although the benefits of transparency were lost when printed as the level of contrast in the papers were similar.

I would guess that the settings on your camera are a follow on from this.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Thanks folks, so would chrome be better to use then? ;)

In photography Ferret there is no better than your own choice. many many years ago I 'walked away' from photography as judged by others, and I mean no disrepect to anybody here. I spent many hours in my darkroom to produce a picture that I thought was good,I concentrated on producing a grainy powerful image of pebbles on a beach, it went through several heats of a national competition at which stage a 'judge' looked at it for a few seconds said "I dont like grainy pictures" and walked on, as a 12 year old I was near broken. BUT, I went on to win a Kodak Gold award a year later and with the gift of size that maturity has given me now, 30 odd years later would like to insert that into a certain judge :blink:

There is NO right or Wrong in photography, as in any art. Experimentation is the key to finding the picture that YOU like, the hard part then is finding others who have similar thoughts, and if you don't, what the heck, you enjoy doing it anyway :)

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Guest Ferret1959

Cheers matey and a good reply.

I'll just leave it on chrome setting and see what comes out.

Might be going to West Midlands Safari park tomorra so will be a good chance to play. :)