Venue help please - Woolacombe

Severn Wolf

Off for a long weekend down Woolacombe soon (staying at Mortehoe). I fished there last year and only managed a couple of very small wrasse. Is there any deep water rock marks in the area that fish this time of year?

I did hear rumours of bass as well, not caught one of those things for years.

Can anyone help a clueless coarse angler out please?

wolf.gif

The beach at woolacombe is for me too crowded this time of year for any serious fishing.

After dark is worth a go and Ray and bass flattiies can be caught here.

However i recon its worth travelling light ,to the rocks that seperate woolacombe and croyde here there are school bass, large wrasse, mullet and pollack.

Plug or lure fishing maybe one of the most effective methods here.Watch out for tides too as the better rock ledges get cut off at high tide.

You will see the occasional spearfisherman here they can be a great source of information about whats around.

The tip of the headland is also one of the best chances in the uk of catching a tope from ther shore !!!

(which is ofcourse very unlikely)

Good luck

go about halfway along beach towards putsborough from woolacombe.fish incoming tide with frozen sandeel on flowing trace just beyond back surf break.

park up on long carpark road which extends from woolacombe west towards putsborough for access.There should be less surfers or bathers here.

good reports over past couple of weeks re Bass and Ray from this beach.

The rocks are very dangerous so please be aware.regards neil..

Hobie Mirage Outback.

Lovely stuff, cheers guys!

I fished the rocks to the right of the surf beach last year and managed a small wrasse from one of the gullies but the mark seemed a bit iffy for access so I didn`t stay long when the tide turned!

wolf.gif

Holidayed in woolacombe a few years back so I'm working from memory! Bare in mind I've had many beers since then so this aint Gospel!

We fished Ilfracombe pier, pretty close to woolacombe! got the key from the tackle shop! fished the far left extremety a and caught 3lb wrasse all day on beachcasting tactics with baught rag!

very memorable mark!

might be worth a try for easy fun fishing!

We're gonna need a bigger boat!