mesh for gorundbait feeders?

markp

Im wanting to make some jumbo groundbait feeders, but im having difficulty finding any mesh, any ideas people?

Get some small plastic drinks bottles (like individual tonic waters etc), cut off the top at an angle to the desired size. Now hold the cut end over a gas flame or cooker ring, just to the point where the plastic begins to soften. The sharp cut end will curl inwards. Add a swivel through the threaded bit, melt some holes for a dead cow weight and bingo - feeder as big as you like and dirt cheap. Ugly as hell too.

Less snaggy than a big mesh job and the angled shape of the body will tend to rise on the retrieve, and the conical shape will help work around weeds (this is all theory mind, I've made 2 but not used them yet ;) )

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

I want mesh and i want it cheap :P:( only problem with the pet shop lark is its all rabbit huch size dont much fancy chucking one of them in only got 1.5lb test curve rods ill be needing a 30lb class uptider but thanks

Edited by markp

Guest Ferret1959
I want mesh and i want it cheap :( only problem with the pet shop lark is its all rabbit huch size dont much fancy chucking one of them in only got 1.5lb test curve rods ill be needing a 30lb class uptider but thanks

Funny that, the pet shop I used to go to had smaller stuff for bird aiverys(sp).

I'll keep my ideas, comments and advice to myself in future. :schmoll:

:oops: Sorry if i offened old bean non was intended what so ever,we have crappy pet shops where i live as for b&q dont even go there i seem to have spent half this yr walking the isles looking for burnt magnolia or what ever that colour was on property ladder! But i did have a crafty look there earlier and non was to be found :( once again ferret sowwieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

No worries, I'm just having a bad life at the mo. :(

Sorry for having a go at you. xx :)

Sorry to hear that Dave, hope it improves soon.

I must admit I thought you'd got this thread mixed up with the "unity" thread though. ;)

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

well once again my most humble apolagise but then i was always one to stck my size 7 and 11 in it {dont ask}