Good weekend

Unimexsol

Went fishing with Russell off this message board on Friday night and had a good evening. Didn't catch much, although the 4lb pike early Saturday morning was a nice bonus, but I did pick up a few tips that I'll will be incorporating into my regular fishing.

Saturday night saw me pop out for a couple of hours with my brother-in-law, got into a 17lb+ Pike. My first "confirmed" double and my own personal PB. Obviously Russell's tips worked.

All in all a good weekend.

indeed a cracker!

it was nice to meet uni(or nige),we fished for zander,arriving in the nick of time just before last light to catch some baits,no zeds showed but some early morning pike were fun,i'd like to say nige is one of the better anglers i have come across he already had most of it sussed,wire traces at all times,correct unhooking gear and the right attitude towards fishing for pike and other species.

glad the tips worked mate,feels good to pass on what i have learnt from others,hopefuly i can convice him to keep at it in the winter!i 'll show ya some more rigs.

just a foot note to say uni is using single hooks and more importantly fishing at night/early morning,so the anti-summer pike brigade can keep quite!

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

Well done Uni thats a cracking first double.What did you catch it on?

Small dace, lip hooked on a single size 4. Remembering what I read on here about Pike herding fish against a wall etc I put the bait out only a couple of feet from the side of the canal. The take came about 4 minutes later.

Interestingly enough the fish appeared to have an injury but at 17lb I'd have thought it would have been too big for another pike to have a go at? Boat injury perhaps?

Small dace, lip hooked on a single size 4. Remembering what I read on here about Pike herding fish against a wall etc I put the bait out only a couple of feet from the side of the canal. The take came about 4 minutes later.

Interestingly enough the fish appeared to have an injury but at 17lb I'd have thought it would have been too big for another pike to have a go at? Boat injury perhaps?

Might be a spawing injury? Actually no surely that would be too old?

Well done on the fish, plus well done on the single hook!

Any pics?

Rich