Waveney One

As promised here are the top 6 places in the their weights after 6 matches

Nick Larkin 154.13

Paul Hudson 135.07

Bob Wessels 120.10

Brian Weavers 116.10

Andrew Moss 113.10

Ward Smith 104.40

As I guessed, Nicky Larkin, Nisa Waveney AC, is still in the lead after yesterday's match and his 13lb+. He certainly doesn't want to give up the £500 that he is sponsoring first place for. £300 for second and £200 for 3rd. Bob Wessels another Nisa Waveney AC member has only fished four of the matches and will miss next week as well. He had a DNW in one of those 4 as well! I have slipped to 22nd after a very poor day and missing one of the matches. Mark Pollard is 14th although he has missed two matches

In all, 88 anglers have particpated in the league although some have only fished a match or two. Nisa Waveney AC has 4 anglers in the top 10.

As the league is being run on a total weight basis with your best 8 weights counting out of 14, if you were lucky enough to draw better than I do then you could still win. Normally the river fishes better in August and September than it does in June and July. There have been 100lb+ bream weights in 5 hour matches from now till the end of October in the past.

Edited by Waveney One

Seems that the whole Broads river system is fishing its socks off at the moment! I've had cracking roach fishing right from the off and it just gets better!

I quite agree Peter, from reports I have heard, the Bure, Thurne and Waveney are all fishing well. I will probably have a day on the Bure next week as a friend of mine is up there for a week.

[i fish regularly at this time of year around the thurne mouth on the bure and the quality of roach has improved to the point of 12 to 14oz fish being the norm with the odd bigger fish.

The whole system is really good at moment

john

[i fish regularly at this time of year around the thurne mouth on the bure and the quality of roach has improved to the point of 12 to 14oz fish being the norm with the odd bigger fish.

The whole system is really good at moment

john

I remember Tony Gibbons winning the Broads Champs a couple of years back with 35lb

+ of big roach on the stick float from St Bennet's. Might take a look down there next week.

I would recomend anyone to do so.

The yare has had the limelight for the last few years but the bure and thurne have improved year on year.

I have been espescially pleased by the amount of small skimmers up to 1.5lbs and more so the tiny 8oz ones i have been catching.

I lve 80 miles away in Suffolk and struggle to get there as much as i like.

john

I would recomend anyone to do so.

The yare has had the limelight for the last few years but the bure and thurne have improved year on year.

I have been espescially pleased by the amount of small skimmers up to 1.5lbs and more so the tiny 8oz ones i have been catching.

I lve 80 miles away in Suffolk and struggle to get there as much as i like.

john

I live 1/2 mile from the A14 / A140 junction so it is a bit closer than you, but well worth the 130 mile round trip. I normally travel up with a mate so the costs aren't too bad. He takes his motor one week and I do the next. Means at least one of us can have a pint in Beauchamp Arms after the match as well!

Edited by Waveney One

Saturday 12 August Result.

In a gale and pouring rain the Yare fished brilliantly in all but one section. As well as the wind in the face with lashing rain, we also had a big tide to contend with but the river fished its socks off. Poor old Keith Ford the organiser was fishing the National on the Erewash canal and they 'gave' him 10grms as his eyeball was too small to register. - Keith you missed a great match In all the National took a lot of people away from the Yare so only 28 fished - I know where most would have preferred to have been.

Results

Nick Larkin Nisa Waveney - 95lb 0oz

Bob Bradford (swimfeeder) - 74lb 4oz

John Taylor Sensas Mark 1 - 62.7

Brian Weavers Gt Yarmouth - 61.11

Andy Moss - Fox Angling Direct - 57.14

Steve Dunn - Deben - 56.15

Sections (4) - Which include some of the above as only 3 were paid and defaults: 61lb 11oz, 50lb 14oz, 56lb 15oz, 16lb 4oz

A wet but brilliant time was had by all! I had 41lb 5oz from the best section and was 5th in it! There were 9 weights over 40lb. After 7 matches Nick Larkin now leads his own series by over 71lb but he can't keep drawing flyers!

Paul Hudson, who was lying second has broken his hand and couldn't fish today but ran the bank as his son Kurt still fished. He says he will be back next week but it doesn't look good. Bob Wessels, who was 3rd took and ill timed holiday and hasn't fished the last 2 matches.

So the leader board is now

Nick Larkin 249lb 13oz

Brian Weavers 178lb 5oz

Andrew Moss 175lb 12oz

Glen Carter 149lb 5oz

John Taylor 145lb 13oz

Paul Hudson 140lb 7oz

Your Truly 9th with 121lb 8oz and Bob Bradford (swimfeeder) after his great weight today is 11th with 120lb 0oz.

thanks for keeping us posted and green with envy.

Glad to see fellow committe member Glen Carter is doing well and also Ward Smith.

john

Ahhhh! you must be in Sudbury then John. They are both doing very well up there again this year. Glen has had 35lb or roach in one 5 hour match!

Edited by Waveney One